Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

when city have a good season it usually goes to a manager that has worked on a tight budget and survives PL status due to more luck than fortune.. But who know this year it might look even more ridiculous to not give it to our manager.

Pep obviously, but if I had to pick a No.2 then it would be Benitez. What he's done with football's equivalent of minimum wage is astonishing.

He also fell out with our two best players, Tevez & Bellamy.

But he created a top side. Then destroyed it again.

Pellegrini's incompetence in the following season's, should not mask the fact that he took over a depressed, disfuctional unit & turned them into one of the best teams in Europe, albeit only for one season, that's all the award is for; one season.

Both Mancini and Pellegrini should have won.

You lost me at Bellamy, mate.

I watched a recording of Souness, Henry and Bellamy discussing City after Saturday's match and if the award is decided by professionals Pep is home and dry by a landslide. Gary Neville has admitted that he was completely wrong in assuming City couldn't win the title the Pep way. Unfortunately, the reporters represent a streak of stubborn ignorance and prejudice in their refusal to acknowledge that Pep has revolutionised English football. I am still reading articles which congratulate him on the title but drone on on the old themes: anyone could win it with City's money, City should win the title ( a relatively new tune admittedly), they don't look particularly good in Europe and, of course, Mourinho will be better than ever next season. If those who vote for the award show their usual resentful small mindedness Pep may not win it - not that it will bother Pep.

Pep has taken a number of very good players and made them better. He has taken a good team and made it better. He has played beautiful football, scored the most goals and conceded the fewest. He may well win the league with a record points total - nobody has ever won it with more games to spare.

It is difficult to know what more he could possibly have done to win this award.

Nobody in the history of the Premier League has had such an influence in such a short space of time: He has stuck to his footballing principles and played the Pep way in the English league with astounding success, something many 'experts' predicted he wouldn't be able to do. Only managers like Wenger, with the way he completely changed the approach to training and diet, coupled with his longevity, has, ultimately been more (positively*) influential.
*Fergie has negatively influenced the game with the way his players were choreographed into haranguing the referees, thus leading to a total disrespect for the officials. Some legacy!

Koeman finished 7th last year with a better win % at everton
and the year before with southampton.

funny no one thought he deserved it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.