League title or Champions League?

does anyone really believe that city will field a weaker team in the CL. I would be truly amazed if they did. I cannot imagine what set of circumstances would have to occur to force them to have to choose. The whole ADUG investment is aimed at the CL victory and they call the shots . Like it or not, on the world stage the CL carries more prestige than any national league , with global exposure being so much greater.

Next season it has to be retaining the title.

Generally speaking, I'd rather win the league and I want to see us have a period of domination that is notable.

I do very much want to experience City winning the Champions League and, although I loathe UEFA, I don't have a downer on the concept of a competition to be champions of Europe. The UCL is also the most prestigious club competition; plus I want to see City officially crowned the best team in the world by going on to win the World Club Championship.

Pep has done domestic and UCL doubles before so I hope he can repeat the trick for us.

I'll take either as a very successful season. PL should be first priority. When people talk about the best team in England, the first thing that should come is Manchester City. Europe can wait until UEFA bring in VAR or whatever and make it a level playing field. FA are equally bad, but atleast over 38 games our manager gets a chance to air his concerns and get some media support as we saw with the case of some ridiculous challenges.

does anyone really believe that city will field a weaker team in the CL. I would be truly amazed if they did. I cannot imagine what set of circumstances would have to occur to force them to have to choose. The whole ADUG investment is aimed at the CL victory and they call the shots . Like it or not, on the world stage the CL carries more prestige than any national league , with global exposure being so much greater.

Let's assume both us and Liverpool win the PL and CL respectively this season and the next. In the 2019-20 transfer window, the foreign players would join Liverpool over City if offered the same wages, guaranteed starting position etc. CL carries a lot of importance to the foreign players, and the ADUG (Khaldoon) is right in giving it the priority over an FA Cup or League Cup.

Prioritise it over domestic cups (kills me to say that, but I'm pretty sure the owners want to win it), but never at the expense of the league.

Khaldoon stated a few years back that the PL and CL have equal priorities and either will not be sacrificed for the other.

100% retain the league - champions league is a lottery - only 1 of the 4 semi-finalists is the best team in their league this season (Bayern Munich)

Liverpool 17 points behind leaders
Madrid 18 points behind
Roma 23 points behind

Well put.

The CL is a nice trophy to win but can't really call it a competition for champions when on a given day with luck or refereeing or the away goals rule even the most deserved team loses out. If the Champions league is an actual alternate league then it would be a better measure of champions. shrink it down to 2-3 teams per league and use a league table format of 16 teams. then it becomes more prestigious because it's harder to get in in the first place, and that to be champion you have to rise above all other champions, not by virtue of balls in a bowl.

Back to back prem titles is a must for me.
I would rather win the FA CUP and enjoy a few away trips along the way. Than get ripped off with flights and accommodation for the champions league.
C.T.I.D

CL is a corrupt,money spinning charade. It should be renamed the Champions & those that weren't good enough to be first,second,third or fourth Cup,cos that's what it is !!

Of the semi finalists, only FC Hollywood are top of their league,the other 3 are nearly 70 points adrift of their league leaders & FCH play in a one horse league where the competition is for second place.

The CL& ttwgetbfstofCup is a draw lottery (fix) & can be won by winning just 7 games. I want to see City win it,but only so I can boooooooo UEFA at the final.

Winning 4 back to back leagues is more important,impressive & a truer reflection of greatness & it's never been done before. 158 games over 36 months & this team could do it.

Tough but not impossible. Imho,our public ambition for the CL &ttwgetbfstof cup should be toned down a little so that it doesn't become an obsessional burden & a 'failure' stick for the meediya to beat us with.

So prem for me & go deep in all the others.

Do well in the league, qualify for the CL. That's everyone's target. Playing in the CL is great. We get to see top teams and players.
Go deep and it affects league form with injuries etc. It is exciting and we should be delighted we get the chance. I'm with our owners and Pep. It's a great competition. Forza Roma!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.