City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time i saw the Holt End i thought that was the to go, Dortmund must be the ultimate though, sadly our demographic wont ever replicate that kind of involvement.

first time i saw the Holt End i thought that was the to go, Dortmund must be the ultimate though, sadly our demographic wont ever replicate that kind of involvement.

Sadly our nanny state, health & safety laws and police/stewards won’t let us replicate it.

Oh Bugger !!

I guess that’s fair enough but I’d be surprised if there isn’t one hell of a clamour for season tickets this summer - we have probably just served up some of the best football ever played in England - if we can’t sell that out - then our natural fan base must be smaller than I thought or prefers the old calamitous City!

If tickets were priced correctly we could fill a 65.000 stadium no problem .Price some match day tickets £15 - £20 each and people will be queuing up tho get in

If tickets were priced correctly we could fill a 65.000 stadium no problem .Price some match day tickets £15 - £20 each and people will be queuing up tho get in

I totally agree but dropping prices to fill an expanded stadium doesn’t make a great business case for spending whatever it would cost to redevelop the North Stand. I know we need to look beyond short term financials to build a bigger brand but our owners are prudent business men and shrewd investors- they won’t throw the money at the North Stand until they know it’s the right decision.

The extension will happen it's just a case of when.
The stadium need a increase in seats to allow it to be considered for European cup finals and other BIG events.
So it's only a matter of time.
C.T.I.D

I totally agree but dropping prices to fill an expanded stadium doesn’t make a great business case for spending whatever it would cost to redevelop the North Stand. I know we need to look beyond short term financials to build a bigger brand but our owners are prudent business men and shrewd investors- they won’t throw the money at the North Stand until they know it’s the right decision.
It makes sense in long term especialy if they target younger fans .not all of the new seats have to be £15-£20 and not for every game .prices should be much more flexable .for eg it doesnt make sense to charge the same for night games against say Huddersfield Burnley and Stoke ect as it does for a game against Liverpool.Chelsea Spurs ect

I think the owners will want to shake off the "Emptihad" tag before they expand further. Its bad for the "brand". Some clubs eg Barca can get away with having unsold seats but its something that is used as a stick to beat us. Like it or not the sponsors prefer to take their guests to a "hot ticket" event, one where its hard to get a ticket. Dont think we will expand further until CL games easily sell out on a regular basis without heavy promotion. I suspect that the club will have been very disappointed at how long it took to sell out the Liverpool game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.