City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the owners will want to shake off the "Emptihad" tag before they expand further. Its bad for the "brand". Some clubs eg Barca can get away with having unsold seats but its something that is used as a stick to beat us. Like it or not the sponsors prefer to take their guests to a "hot ticket" event, one where its hard to get a ticket. Dont think we will expand further until CL games easily sell out on a regular basis without heavy promotion. I suspect that the club will have been very disappointed at how long it took to sell out the Liverpool game.

So maybe they need to look at the reasons why?

I think the owners will want to shake off the "Emptihad" tag before they expand further. Its bad for the "brand". Some clubs eg Barca can get away with having unsold seats but its something that is used as a stick to beat us. Like it or not the sponsors prefer to take their guests to a "hot ticket" event, one where its hard to get a ticket. Dont think we will expand further until CL games easily sell out on a regular basis without heavy promotion. I suspect that the club will have been very disappointed at how long it took to sell out the Liverpool game.

I agree with the gist of your post cibaman, except the time it took to sell out the Liverpool game. That was a decision buy the Club to limit ticket purchases to one per Season Card holder / Cityzen for the vast majority of the sales period. If the Club had allowed two tickets per Blue on the Champs League scheme from the start, the Tickets would have sold out much earlier.

No north stand extension then because even if we fill every seat for every game it would still be called the Emptihad.

I agree with the gist of your post cibaman, except the time it took to sell out the Liverpool game. That was a decision buy the Club to limit ticket purchases to one per Season Card holder / Cityzen for the vast majority of the sales period. If the Club had allowed two tickets per Blue on the Champs League scheme from the start, the Tickets would have sold out much earlier.
Yes it would have sold out earlier if two tickets had been allowed. But, based on the selling criteria the club initially set, they clearly didn’t think or hope that would be necessary. As did many fans who posted on here their predictions as to when the game would sell out. That’s why I think the club will have been disappointed that they had to resort to easier selling criteria. And why I think they will be cautious about further expansion

Can we have a helipad next to the Family stand so that HH Sheikh Mansour can drop by anytime he pleases?

Yes it would have sold out earlier if two tickets had been allowed. But, based on the selling criteria the club initially set, they clearly didn’t think or hope that would be necessary. As did many fans who posted on here their predictions as to when the game would sell out. That’s why I think the club will have been disappointed that they had to resort to easier selling criteria. And why I think they will be cautious about further expansion
Think it was a policy based on security rather than selling out quickly. So think they would be fairly happy with how it went.

They ought to look at the policy and procedures in place to sell tickets .So many on here and other sites have stopped going because of match day ticket prices .So many tickets go to agencies. sponsers ,Academy players and family as well as all the comps that get dished out .Many of these tickets go unused as has been pointed out on Bluemoon on many ocasions Should sell them cheaper to fans that want to go

If tickets were priced correctly we could fill a 65.000 stadium no problem .Price some match day tickets £15 - £20 each and people will be queuing up tho get in
I’ve always said price the corporates at whatever they want, they earn more from that than the other tickets combined. Then...

[these are maximum priced, there should be a number of thousand lower prices for other groups like child, youth and oap, 21-25 and value gold]

SeasonCards Colin Bell and East Stand £600
SeasonCards South and North Stand £500

Matchday Prem tickets CB + ES £35
Matchday Prem tickets S + N £30
(no categorising of games)

Matchday Cup tickets all rounds up to semi final CB + ES £20
Matchday Cup tickets all rounds up to semi final S + N £15

Matchday Cup tickets semi finals CB + ES £25
Matchday Cup tickets semi finals S + N £20

There is no need whatsoever to charge more for SeasonCards or Matchday tickets. You do not get a trophy to put in the honours list for being above Juventus in the Deloitte matchday revenue league table.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the owners will want to shake off the "Emptihad" tag before they expand further. Its bad for the "brand".
It’s their own fault!

City moved everyone out of the North Stand to create the failure that has been the Family Stand and they pissed fans off by moving them to more expensive seats or not moving them with friends+family they had sat with in the North, in some cases could not provide them with a new seat at all because there weren’t enough spare. They lost the match going support of a number of fans by doing these things.

City put prices up too high too soon and pissed people off or priced them out. They lost the match going support of a number of fans by doing this.

City put SeasonCard prices up too high so fans took themselves out of the Cup Schemes. They lost the Cup match going support of a number of fans by doing this.

City put SeasonCard prices up too high so fans think they can pick and choose games to go to so they can afford the day out more, less often.

City introduced cheap tickets after people had already decided to quit their support because of being priced out. City introduced cheap tickets but not enough to meet demand. They are not maximising matchday attendances by not providing enough cheap tickets. At Bayern they have 12000 cheap SeasonCards, how many do you reckon we have? A few dozen? A few hundred at most?

City moved people out of particular areas of the ground to create corporate areas and they pissed fans off by moving them to more expensive seats or not moving them with friends+family they had sat with, in some cases could not provide them with a new seat at all because there weren’t enough spare. They lost the match going support of a number of fans by doing these things.

They price Cup tickets too high. My ticket for Liverpool was £45, I know four SC holdes who didn’t bother going because of the price. It was only a quarter final, not a semi, there was no need for that price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.