It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok cool. I've had the same thing as sterling through the middle, think he causes havoc there with his movement and dribbling

So in the future I imagine our 6 forward players as Bernardo, Mahrez, Sterling, Brahim Diaz, Jesus and Sane. All 6 players can play different positions. Imagine a front line that can switch positions in game. I think that could be awesome.

Imagine next season, we're top of the league again but by only a couple of points in December, and once again we find ourselves behind at Anfield. KDB having an off day, Silva out injured - who would you like the club to have signed this summer that Pep could turn to in that kind of scenario, that could genuinely turn that kind of game around?

Is Mahrez good enough? I'm not sure he is. Whoever is, the kind of player we could bring on to turn an away defeat into a win by either brilliant individual skill or wrestling control of the game back - that is the level of player we need to sign. If he costs £100m or more so be it. Time to really grind the rags and scousers into the dirt and dominate this league.

Imagine next season, we're top of the league again but by only a couple of points in December, and once again we find ourselves behind at Anfield. KDB having an off day, Silva out injured - who would you like the club to have signed this summer that Pep could turn to in that kind of scenario, that could genuinely turn that kind of game around?

Is Mahrez good enough? I'm not sure he is. Whoever is, the kind of player we could bring on to turn an away defeat into a win by either brilliant individual skill or wrestling control of the game back - that is the level of player we need to sign. If he costs £100m or more so be it. Time to really grind the rags and scousers into the dirt and dominate this league.

Okay so I've seen this sentiment posted countless times now. Who do you think is out there who fits this description?

Hazard disappears in the big games and every single time against us. Dybala had a little cry and then sulked in a champions league final. SMS was very poor in Lazio's big game against a Leipzig side that aren't a patch on last season. Weigl has been benched for six consecutive games and has been awful when he has played. Fabinho has not been as good this year and was terrible in their 7-1 hiding. Napoli have bottled it in the Serie A with Jorginho. Fred/Ndombele/Bailey have never even had to perform at the highest level. Griezmann was average in the champions league and euro finals.

Maybe Mbappe but he's not attainable and has never really had to prove himself.

I just don't think there is this mystical big game player out there, Pep has been spoilt with always having them in the past and now he has realised he needs a whole squad of a similar level because he doesn't have a Messi/Lewa/Muller talisman to fall back on.

Okay so I've seen this sentiment posted countless times now. Who do you think is out there who fits this description?

Hazard disappears in the big games and every single time against us. Dybala had a little cry and then sulked in a champions league final. SMS was very poor in Lazio's big game against a Leipzig side that aren't a patch on last season. Weigl has been benched for six consecutive games and has been awful when he has played. Fabinho has not been as good this year and was terrible in their 7-1 hiding. Napoli have bottled it in the Serie A with Jorginho. Fred/Ndombele/Bailey have never even had to perform at the highest level. Griezmann was average in the champions league and euro finals.

I just don't think there is this mystical big game player out there, Pep has been spoilt with always having them in the past and now he has realised he needs a whole squad of a similar level because he doesn't have a Messi/Lewa/Muller talisman to fall back on.

1) Napoli didn't bottle the title in Italy. Not managing to beat an opposition with 5x the budget and far superior strength and depth isn't bottling it - they're on target to get one of the highest points totals in Serie A history, unfortunately Juve are just better - that's not "bottling it".

2) Griezmann has a very good record in big games.

3) Messi/Lewa/Muller talisman? We can't get a Messi, but we've already got players in the calibre of the other 2, and more will come or our young players will develop into them.

Well at least the sun is shining

I think with our squad around them, and the Pep factor any one of the following would fit the bill:

Bale, Hazard, Salah, Kane, Lewandowski, Milinkovic-Savic, Mbappe, Neymar.

That is the level I'd like us to go for. Whether we actually will is another matter! But if we do sign players there doesn't seem much point to me in signing ones who aren't at least as good as what we already have.

Would have Hazard in a heartbeat despite your claims

Hazard for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.