Etilsalat 'Congratulations' Cringe

Fucking hell tell them to grow some balls, we have just won the league, try going to school when City are absolutely shit and the filth are winning everything!!

I went to a secondary school and sixth form in Trafford from 1993-2000, I’m sure your kids can come back with something like “CHAMPIONS” to the jibes and be smug as fuck
fuck me, try being a 90s kid when you had the piss taken out of you by Burnley and "Stockport" fans.

Christ, if they can come up with 1 of the hundreds of available retorts in this day and age then they're not being brought up properly, you should have them primed and ready.

Do your job.
Christ, with you as a parent i think they'll be getting bullied regardless

All my kids are tough rugby players and none get bullied to their faces. They are known in their school for being match going City supporters so when utter crap like this comes out, p*ss taking social media messages will get sent. My kids have all known the lean times and are all embarrassed by the video, they said it looks like it has been made by a five year old. They still reply with social media messages like "Champions" back!

The point is we shouldn't be giving the rags etc easy ammunition to take the p*ss, we shouldn't be producing such crap output.

Some seem to make out the City fans are the problem for not liking the crappy video.

Maybe some defending it have some involvement in it's production or release or know the people that did?

You and I are very much the same then. I'm old school and find so much that now surrounds football to be utter fluff and nonsense, not all of it though, as a little kid attending matches at Maine Road in the 60s, the experience can only be described as f**king appalling, you couldn't see a thing, nothing at all, just a sea of legs and wet donkey jackets, you were subject to violent mosh pit like surges, deafening noise, cigarette smoke, the smell of shit and piss, in fact you stood in piss all the time, it ran down the terraces like a stream, it was all very frightening for a little kid

All that's gone now and so much more, some good, some bad, but at least that 60's crap was untainted by corporate bullshit, no one re-packaged it and sanitised it beyond recognition.

Where this video really crosses the line is its attempt at authenticity in the way it tries to portray fans, I've covered this in other posts and no one seems interested in debating it, everyone, including yourself, have filed it with all the other corporate garbage we produce, but for me this one stands out for it sheer awfulness, and that is the reason social media, the Guardian and all points west have latched on to it, in a sea of shit this little nugget was a turd of a different colour.

I was a season ticket holder and attended virtually every away game from the late 80's right up until i left to live in South Africa in late 2007. Went from Kippax AA lower to the second tier of the East stand when we moved and from that moment on, the so called match day experience just became a chore for me. Yes the football on offer was turgid at times but when has that ever mattered to most of us? Never but the piped music, the cheese, pre, half time and post match, the stewarding and even Bluemoon being piped through the PA and cheering.......fucking cheering ffs! I moved to the South stand 116 but even that move didn't improve anything as the stewards did everything they could to throw you out most weeks whilst away fans yards away did whatever the fuck they liked.

Anyway i came back in 2011, got my season ticket and frankly whilst id missed watching the boys, id certainly not missed the matchday experience and with much soul searching i realised it was just not for me anymore. Id go away every game if i could but i honestly dont feel any need to get to the Etihad and i think im not alone in thinking that way these days as what was a matchday for many of us older blues is no longer there and we are not the ones being targeted by the club any longer.

I get it, i dont agree with it but i know it is what it is and wont ever change so i made my decision and i dont really regret it if i'm honest.

Please, please can we sing this on Sunday!...

If you're here for the champions clap your hands
If you're celebrating now clap your hands
If you're happy that we did it and you really wanna show it
If you're here for Man City clap your hands

If you're feeling like a winner stomp your feet
If you're proud of your players stomp your feet
If you're happy that we did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City stomp your feet

If you wanna cheer together shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're one with the team shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're happy that they did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City shout hooray - Hooray!

I've no involvement with it btw!

All my kids are tough rugby players and none get bullied to their faces. They are known in their school for being match going City supporters so when utter crap like this comes out, p*ss taking social media messages will get sent. My kids have all known the lean times and are all embarrassed by the video, they said it looks like it has been made by a five year old. They still reply with social media messages like "Champions" back!

The point is we shouldn't be giving the rags etc easy ammunition to take the p*ss, we shouldn't be producing such crap output.

Some seem to make out the City fans are the problem for not liking the crappy video.

Maybe some defending it have some involvement in it's production or release or know the people that did?

conspiracy *woohoo*.

Exactly.

We are playing some of the most sublime football ever seen, this team isn't just good they are re-defining how football should be played in this country and while we're enjoying the moment and our rivals are reeling, the club drops this CBeebies bollocks.

Exactly.

We are playing some of the most sublime football ever seen, this team isn't just good they are re-defining how football should be played in this country and while we're enjoying the moment and our rivals are reeling, the club drops this CBeebies bollocks.
While it admittedly makes for horrific viewing, the club didn't make this video, Etisalat did.

I thought that I didn't mind this video being so cringey because i was all wrapped up in the euphoria of winning the title and beating Spurs so easily.

But 3 days later I still don't mind it. It's hilariously bad but I don't care.

Still haven't watched it, still have no intention of watching it. Some have tried piss taking, just told them i haven't watched it as it's corporate bollox and i don't care for corporate bollox, i care for football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.