It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go for

Eden Hazard as false 9 and winger. 125m
Thiago to sit in Fernandinho's role and as an 8. 75m
Frenkie de jong, to play anywhere along the backline and as an option in midfield. 30m

I think with our squad around them, and the Pep factor any one of the following would fit the bill:

Bale, Hazard, Salah, Kane, Lewandowski, Milinkovic-Savic, Mbappe, Neymar.

That is the level I'd like us to go for. Whether we actually will is another matter! But if we do sign players there doesn't seem much point to me in signing ones who aren't at least as good as what we already have.
I'm sorry but there's no way Milinkovic-Savic should be in that list

Is Mahrez good enough? I'm not sure he is. Whoever is, the kind of player we could bring on to turn an away defeat into a win by either brilliant individual skill or wrestling control of the game back - that is the level of player we need to sign. If he costs £100m or more so be it. Time to really grind the rags and scousers into the dirt and dominate this league.

Don't think Mahrez is the man we need, Bernardo Silva will cover that role.

Would have Hazard in a heartbeat despite your claims

Hazard for me

As good as Hazard can be he certainly has earned himself the "big game no show" tag over the last few seasons, and managed to piss off his previous 2 managers with his attitude which according to the Belgian press, is that he just wants to enjoy life and isn't that bothered by winning everything.

If that's his mentality then I don't think he'll improve us that much. He'd play really well, break down defences, score 15 goals, but he'd not take us to the level we're aiming for.

However I also don't think he'd push for a move here if it were true, so I'm in this catch 22 where I don't want us to spend the 150-200m to sign him unless he wants us badly enough to make the move happen, because if he is prepared to burn a lot of bridges, dig his heels in and do everything needed to move here, it can only be because he's seriously ambitious.

1) Napoli didn't bottle the title in Italy. Not managing to beat an opposition with 5x the budget and far superior strength and depth isn't bottling it - they're on target to get one of the highest points totals in Serie A history, unfortunately Juve are just better - that's not "bottling it".

2) Griezmann has a very good record in big games.

3) Messi/Lewa/Muller talisman? We can't get a Messi, but we've already got players in the calibre of the other 2, and more will come or our young players will develop into them.

I wasn't saying anything at all about our current players, I actually KDB is that kind of big game player right now but because he plays further back his influence is reliant on one of our other lads scoring. All I was saying is I've seen numerous people on here twitter/reddit all say that they want a galactico, someone who is guaranteed to turn up in the cup final type games, and I don't see one out there - much less one we've actually been linked to.

And for the record, Griezmann was below average in both those finals. He skied that Coman cross to win it for France and was generally ineffectual all game in the Euros and while he was better overall he still missed a penalty in the champions league!

Surely timo Werner is tailor made for the wide attacker/ striker role.

I think of all CM options I'd most like Jorginho.

Think we should take a look at De Ligt too, with an eye to it being Vinnies last season.

If we could get De Ligt but loan him back for a year I think that would be perfect. Just think having 5 centre backs means someone would get so little game time as to be completely rusty and off the pace whenever they did come it making it pointless, and can guarantee if we did have 5 lads all vying for a starting spot Vinnie they'd all be fit indefinitely.

Surely timo Werner is tailor made for the wide attacker/ striker role.

I think of all CM options I'd most like Jorginho.

Think we should take a look at De Ligt too, with an eye to it being Vinnies last season.

werner would be a great choice for our squad as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.