Swansea (H) - Pre Match Thread

City v Swansea prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson should start every game between now and the end of the season because there's still a great chance of him winning the golden glove. Sorry, Claudio.
I'd expect Delph and Mendy to rotate for the next five games, same with Walker and Danilo.
This could be a good chance to try out different combinations of Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte and Stones as well.
Fernandinho and Gundogan can share the DM spot, and I hope the latter gets plenty of minutes to reward his patience so far this season.
De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden are all solid options in midfield. Don't give any of them five starts, we need to conserve energy with the World Cup coming up.
Between Jesus, Sterling, Sané, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Díaz and Nmecha we should find plenty of time to give them all minutes in the front three.

My personal preference would be not to play a full-strength team in every game. Instead, we should look to play a fairly strong team with maybe two or three deviations from the best XI in each game, and change it every time. So maybe one week De Bruyne gets a rest and Foden starts, but the next game De Bruyne is back in the team and Díaz is on the left while Sané sits out, and then the next game Zinchenko starts at RW.

No need to rest anyone.
Keep playing the best team available and make subs around the 70 minute mark.
The more the group plays together, the more fluid their game will become, the better the understanding between players will become until they could almost play blindfolded.

Ederson should start every game between now and the end of the season because there's still a great chance of him winning the golden glove. Sorry, Claudio.
I'd expect Delph and Mendy to rotate for the next five games, same with Walker and Danilo.
This could be a good chance to try out different combinations of Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte and Stones as well.
Fernandinho and Gundogan can share the DM spot, and I hope the latter gets plenty of minutes to reward his patience so far this season.
De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Bernardo and Foden are all solid options in midfield. Don't give any of them five starts, we need to conserve energy with the World Cup coming up.
Between Jesus, Sterling, Sané, Bernardo, Zinchenko, Díaz and Nmecha we should find plenty of time to give them all minutes in the front three.

My personal preference would be not to play a full-strength team in every game. Instead, we should look to play a fairly strong team with maybe two or three deviations from the best XI in each game, and change it every time. So maybe one week De Bruyne gets a rest and Foden starts, but the next game De Bruyne is back in the team and Díaz is on the left while Sané sits out, and then the next game Zinchenko starts at RW.
I entirely agree. If Pep takes account of the players’ wc aspirations now they will pay him back in spades next season. And we’re more likely to win the 5 games if the players really value the game time.

Edit actually i would give bravo a couple of games

I entirely agree. If Pep takes account of the players’ wc aspirations now they will pay him back in spades next season. And we’re more likely to win the 5 games if the players really value the game time.

Edit actually i would give bravo a couple of games
Do you reckon it would help his chances of playing in the world cup?

Start Ederson so he gets his well deserved guard of honour moment. Sub him off late for Bravo then give Bravo 3 of the following 4 games so he gets a winners medal (Bravo played earlier in season as a sub for Ederson so would have 5 apps) that way Ederson can play on the day when we lift the trophy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.