Etilsalat 'Congratulations' Cringe

Please, please can we sing this on Sunday!...

If you're here for the champions clap your hands
If you're celebrating now clap your hands
If you're happy that we did it and you really wanna show it
If you're here for Man City clap your hands

If you're feeling like a winner stomp your feet
If you're proud of your players stomp your feet
If you're happy that we did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City stomp your feet

If you wanna cheer together shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're one with the team shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're happy that they did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City shout hooray - Hooray!

I've no involvement with it btw!

Agreed, it’s so bad it would be hilarious.

We’ve always been recognized for being able to laugh at ourselves.,

Thought I would see what the fuss was about so just watched this. It's bloody hilarious and it's so bad it could eventually become a cult video! I don't think it will last as long as "The Boys in Blue" song which, from my memory, was derided when it came out (at least by my teenage self and pals).

All my kids are tough rugby players and none get bullied to their faces. They are known in their school for being match going City supporters so when utter crap like this comes out, p*ss taking social media messages will get sent. My kids have all known the lean times and are all embarrassed by the video, they said it looks like it has been made by a five year old. They still reply with social media messages like "Champions" back!

The point is we shouldn't be giving the rags etc easy ammunition to take the p*ss, we shouldn't be producing such crap output.

Some seem to make out the City fans are the problem for not liking the crappy video.

Maybe some defending it have some involvement in it's production or release or know the people that did?

I think you're over reacting a bit (par for the course on here). Its a creditworthy little video, produced by a sponsor. Every team has them, and every team will get ripped for them.

I think it's crap also, but someone (God knows who) thought it was good, so its in the eye of the beholder the merits of this production. They are also not targeting a UK market, so it will always look a bit "different" to a UK eye.

Just a little advice, that if you're going to get upset with this, you may want to start looking into a bulk load of Radox bubble bath and a pallet full of scented candles, as I'm surprised you made it far enough in life to have two kids, with the anger and outrage at an innocent little advert. .

As our ex Marketing Director said to me when I said my company's TV advertising was cringeworthy, "You're not the target audience".
To be honest, this is a million times less annoying than those bloody "Dilly Dilly" adverts.

Please, please can we sing this on Sunday!...

If you're here for the champions clap your hands
If you're celebrating now clap your hands
If you're happy that we did it and you really wanna show it
If you're here for Man City clap your hands

If you're feeling like a winner stomp your feet
If you're proud of your players stomp your feet
If you're happy that we did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City stomp your feet

If you wanna cheer together shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're one with the team shout hooray - Hooray!
If you're happy that they did it then you really gotta show it
If you're here for Man City shout hooray - Hooray!

I've no involvement with it btw!
Words to live by.

I think you're over reacting a bit (par for the course on here). Its a creditworthy little video, produced by a sponsor. Every team has them, and every team will get ripped for them.

I think it's crap also, but someone (God knows who) thought it was good, so its in the eye of the beholder the merits of this production. They are also not targeting a UK market, so it will always look a bit "different" to a UK eye.

Just a little advice, that if you're going to get upset with this, you may want to start looking into a bulk load of Radox bubble bath and a pallet full of scented candles, as I'm surprised you made it far enough in life to have two kids, with the anger and outrage at an innocent little advert. .
I have four kids actually! All keen City fans! They are the ones getting worked up and bending my ear over this video. I am just passing on the reaction from their point of view. They have all been complaining to me about it.

When there's 27+ pages of discussion and almost all think it's crap, I think some decision makers need to take note and learn lessons for the future ;-)

That just made me grin mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.