Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tremendous piss-take piece on the rags in The Guardian, follow the link...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/18/pining-for-the-days-of-william-prunier-and-bebe

Good piece, that.
There's someone who'll be stopped from entering Old Toilet's next press conference.

About 5 years ago, I once saw a lad and his dad in matching Rag tops, walking through a shopping centre. The only difference being, the lad's top had Bebe on the back.
As chance would have it, a copper was nearby. I should've grassed the parent up for child abuse. Fancy making a mockery of your son, in public.

I have a hard time with anyone saying this side doesn’t belong with the so called greats. The arsenal invincibles had 12 draws, and won nothing else. The United treble winners of 99 had 79 total points that season. While winning the treble is an incredible feat, they didn’t exactly run away with the league. So I don’t exactly know what we have to do to be in the same breath of either of those clubs

If you were being investigated for assault, then that would be perfectly normal. Stop looking for 'bias'.

But if I haven't hit anyone I am hardly likley to be investigated am I*. City made sure they consulted with Uefa regarding the transfer and followed all the rules laid down by them. The complaint was never likely to suceed and seems to be made maliciously. Look at it another way, if I ask a policeman what the speed limit on the motorway is and when he says it is 70mph and I then I drive at 70, have I avoided a speeding ticket* ?

*Unless I am in South Yorkshire and in that case I am likely to be investigated whilst the BBC film it and then fitted up for speeding as they claim they had never spoken to me.

Last edited:
But if I haven't hit anyone I am hardly likley to be investigated am I*. City made sure they consulted with Uefa regarding the transfer and followed all the rules laid down by them. The complaint was never likely to suceed and seems to be made maliciously. Look at it another way, if I ask a policeman what the speed limit on the motorway is and when he says it is 70mph and I then I drive at 70, have I avoided a speeding ticket* ?

*Unless I am in South Yorkshire and in that case I am likely to be investigated whilst the BBC film it and then fitted up for speeding as they claim they had never spoken to me.

I don't understand the issue, we were being investigated for it. It was reported that we avoided a transfer ban over the signing, there's no media bias here whatsoever. That headline would have applied to pretty much any and every club in the football league.

I don't understand the issue, we were being investigated for it. It was reported that we avoided a transfer ban over the signing, there's no media bias here whatsoever. That headline would have applied to pretty much any and every club in the football league.

Ant McPartland was convicted of drink driving. He avoided going to jail, instead he was heavily fined. Cliff Richard was investigated for child abuse. He was never arrested, interviewed and never went to court. Did he also avoid going to jail ? We did nothing wrong therefore we didn't avoid anything.

‘The case was dismissed after it was established that City had not contravened any rules’
Says it all without any loaded implications. If I can come up with it so can a trained journalist- unless they have a desire to portray events in a certain way.

Anyone remember last season against Arsenal, and the continued updates on sky about how our ticket sales were, despite selling out for a game on a Sunday afternoon, fast forward 12 months, Utd sold out to members, Southampton have loads left, but surprisingly Chelsea still have tickets left, and have a allowed season ticket holders the chance to buy extra, have Sky been running this on their news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.