Kylian Mbappé

Got to take into account it's the French league where PSG beat 2nd place 7-1 on the weekend. Take goals scored with a pinch of salt(as you would do with the Eredivisie), look at Lacazette as an example.

or

Mbappe 45 in 82 games
Balotelli 39 in 61 in an average team
We thumped United 6-1 at OT, won the league and they finished second...

Mbappe is different gravy, he's the only player on the planet I'd go absolutely balls out for.

We thumped United 6-1 at OT, won the league and they finished second...

Mbappe is different gravy, he's the only player on the planet I'd go absolutely balls out for.

I knew this would be a response..That was a freak result vs 10 men and not an indication of the vast difference in quality between the two sides on the whole like the PSG Monaco game was.

Got to take into account it's the French league where PSG beat 2nd place 7-1 on the weekend. Take goals scored with a pinch of salt(as you would do with the Eredivisie), look at Lacazette as an example.

or

Mbappe 45 in 82 games

10 goals in the champions league in 14 games since his breakthrough.
Lewandowski has 13 in 18 in the same period.
Aguero's got 9 in 13
Benzema 7 in 19
Suarez 3 in 19
Higuain 10 in 22

or

Mbappe 45 in 82 games
Mbappe played as a right-footed RW in the majority of games this season, both for PSG and France. Imagine Jesus Navas scoring 45 goals in 85 games.

I think KM is already the best 'hybrid' CF in the world and will only improve. He's already better than, say, Griezmann who played alongside him in some France games this season.

Last edited:
I knew this would be a response..That was a freak result vs 10 men and not an indication of the vast difference in quality between the two sides on the whole like the PSG Monaco game was.

Exactly. It should have been 10.

The difference between Monaco and PSG was about the same as the difference between us and the rags in the first half last week.

I think he's the one player out there we should consider going 100m+ for.

His ability, his character, physique, everything just seems a perfect fit.

Mbappe played as a right-footed RW in the majority of games this season, both for PSG and France. Imagine Jesus Navas scoring 45 goals in 85 games.

I think KM is already the best CF in the world and will only improve. He's already better than, say, Griezmann who played alongside him in some France games this season.

He doesn't have 45 goals from the RW though.. He has 19 this season, Sterling a right footed RW has 22.

If he was already the best CF that'd be where he played?

I'm not downplaying him, he's clearly a special talent but you have to err on the side of caution when evaluating him to be worth the staggering fee he'd cost. Hence taking his goals and assists in lique 1 with a pinch of salt... Champions league and the world cup have been/will be better indicators of his talent. So he's good in ligue 1, okay £40mil talent oh but he's doing it on the biggest stages too, he's special £100mil+. Compare to Dembele, good in Lique 1 10mil, 1 good season in Bundesliga £100mil as it was a better indicator of his talent.

I'm babbling so to conclude I'd have Mbappe almost solely because he's been doing it in the champions league against top teams. Can almost ignore what he's doing in the stat padding Ligue1

If he was already the best CF that'd be where he played?
No, if the coaches are Emery and Deschamps preferring to play 433 with a tall striker (Cavani and Giroud). Mbappe is quite clearly a CF, modern version of R9/Shevchenko/Henry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.