laporte
delph
dinho
foden
de bruyne
sane
jesus
b. silva

Do you reckon it would help his chances of playing in the world cup?

Not unless he retrospectively changes nationality. But it seems to me that our team spirit has been a big factor this season, and giving him some recognition could only add to that.

Not unless he retrospectively changes nationality. But it seems to me that our team spirit has been a big factor this season, and giving him some recognition could only add to that.
Could also really piss Ederson off since he's fighting for the starting spot for Brazil.

I disagree with so many about playing kids and resting players for the world cup. Firstly I don't care about the world cup and is resting players now really going to change how tired they are in June?
First and foremost for me is that this team should be indelibly inked into the history books. Titles are won every season by someone although this title win has been very special with the football played unseen before. But the players deserve more than that. Records smashed which could stand forever. The points record is the main one which would for me clearly prove that this is the best team ever in the English league. Ideally the unheard of 100 points which if we get that record will probably never be beaten. Get the goals scored record too which is very probable anyway.
May make me myopic but my only wishes are related to Manchester City. England I don't care two hoots about unless Sterling or Silva or any of our other players scorers a winner in the final then I'll take notice. Strong teams only, maybe once high scorelines are achieved then Foden or Diaz can have minutes. Maybe one starting with an otherwise super strong team could be nice. But I want records smashed and this team to be remembered for what it has been this season, simply on another planet.

Could also really piss Ederson off since he's fighting for the starting spot for Brazil.

I dont think he's likely to have such outstanding games in our remaining games as to make much of a difference to his chances. He's very unlikely to have many shots per game to save. Unfortunately he's at the stage where he's depending on Allison to pick up an injury or to have a couple of nightmare games against Liverpool. He'll want to play 2 or 3 games to keep his eye in but I dont think he'll be pissed off if Bravo gets a couple of games. There seems to be a lot of camaraderie amongst keepers.

I disagree with so many about playing kids and resting players for the world cup. Firstly I don't care about the world cup and is resting players now really going to change how tired they are in June?
First and foremost for me is that this team should be indelibly inked into the history books. Titles are won every season by someone although this title win has been very special with the football played unseen before. But the players deserve more than that. Records smashed which could stand forever. The points record is the main one which would for me clearly prove that this is the best team ever in the English league. Ideally the unheard of 100 points which if we get that record will probably never be beaten. Get the goals scored record too which is very probable anyway.
May make me myopic but my only wishes are related to Manchester City. England I don't care two hoots about unless Sterling or Silva or any of our other players scorers a winner in the final then I'll take notice. Strong teams only, maybe once high scorelines are achieved then Foden or Diaz can have minutes. Maybe one starting with an otherwise super strong team could be nice. But I want records smashed and this team to be remembered for what it has been this season, simply on another planet.

This.

We have a unique chance to break records that may never be broken.

All 5 clubs we will play are in the bottom half of the table. 3 of the matches are at home.

Let’s break all these recorded and be remembered as the Centurions. 100 Points will be something very very special.

This seems to be the belief of Pep and the players with Sergio, Ederson and others stating they want to win all 5 remaining games.

I don’t think well see Foden or Diaz start yet especially considering it would be without merit. Give them 20-30 minutes of the bench in a strong team and if they perform well and earn a start so be it otherwise continue to bring them on off the bench for experience.

Two chances for United to lose before we play again ... tomorrow against West Brom at home or mid week (Wednesday) away to Bournemouth ... if either of that happens we’d be walking out as Champions on Sunday under a Swans guard of honour ... or if that doesn’t happen then we have a chance to win the game and walk back in as Champions ...

I’d take it whichever way it came!

Fernandinho would still be missing (his second suspension game for the ten yellows) but Gundogan did very well today against Spurs so less worried about that position for next week now ... and most importantly the team gets the mid week off and so a whole week between the games ... Pep even mentioned three days off for all now (Sun, Mon, Tue) and back into training on Wednesday ...

Out of the two United games, that Wednesday game against Bournemouth looks more likely where they could slip, at home against West Brom isn’t really the upset anyone would imagine ... but hey, eees football, eh?!

C’mon City!!

Could be three if Spurs knock them out of the last trophy Mou can hope to win while in charge of Manure.

I would've thought that Sunday's team would be quite strong. We are expecting a party and I think most of the regulars would want to play.

* edit. That's if they've sobered up ;-)

Getting 97 or 100 points or whatever won’t make this the best team ever in the English league. Leicester in 2016 got 81 points, the rags in 99 got 80
points. Which was the better team. Winning it is all that counts, records are for statisticians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.