Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

They will. They very very nearly always do. So not the end JRB.

loads of city aren't accepting these prices though and have stopped going. can you not see it around the ground ? or in the pubs ?. i actually think there should be a reduction in match day ticket price, which are scandalously high and a freeze in season ticket prices. if football carries on the way it going stadiums will be more empty, barely any young people going and the core fan base gone. why would you want that or accept that ?

i get that we arent a charity, but without the fans its not city anymore for me.

loads of city aren't accepting these prices though and have stopped going. can you not see it around the ground ? or in the pubs ?. i actually think there should be a reduction in match day ticket price, which are scandalously high and a freeze in season ticket prices. if football carries on the way it going stadiums will be more empty, barely any young people going and the core fan base gone. why would you want that or accept that ?

i get that we arent a charity, but without the fans its not city anymore for me.
Until there are spare seats for new fans it doesn't matter much. When we expand fine use all the new seats for new fans to sit together at £299/ £399. But until we have new capacity talking about bringing new younger fans in decent numbers is fairly meaningless.

Until there are spare seats for new fans it doesn't matter much. When we expand fine use all the new seats for new fans to sit together at £299/ £399. But until we have new capacity talking about bringing new younger fans in decent numbers is fairly meaningless.

you can bring younger fans in through cheaper match day tickets for instance. also with cheaper season ticket prices more younger fans would join the waiting list - thousands of fans quit going every year ( from what I've read). it might not make a massive difference straight away, but long term it would.
united have actually introduced an 18-25 age price range, with cheaper season tickets swell, with the aim of targeting younger fans. if its so meaningless why are they and other teams doing it ? they also have similar issues as us regarding capacity and not having loads of seats available together.

If all these fans are giving up, how come the attendances appear to be higher than ever? This applies to cup and European matches.

There are a lot of cheerful souls on this thread.

Good point. There are also plenty of existing fans who are struggling to get season cards together. That is evident from tue Facebook ticketing sites.

you can bring younger fans in through cheaper match day tickets for instance. also with cheaper season ticket prices more younger fans would join the waiting list - thousands of fans quit going every year ( from what I've read). it might not make a massive difference straight away, but long term it would.
united have actually introduced an 18-25 age price range, with cheaper season tickets swell, with the aim of targeting younger fans. if its so meaningless why are they and other teams doing it ?
Maybe they have room , if we introduce cheaper s/c they will be taken up by existing s/c holders moving. You have posted before that younger fans like to go in groups of mates at the moment whether as matchday buyers or taking up s/c that come available cheap or not there aren't seats grouped together available. Basically we are pretty much full up.
When we expand and have 6000 seats to sell then there is an argument for seating new fans together for £299 -£399 (£16 -£20 / game). though at those prices not sure 21-25 need a further reduction, but that's a different debate.

Simply, our s/c are about right, a lot of match day tickets when they are £30 -£40 about right, The 5-10 games priced at £58 are maybe £10 /£15 too much. Other clubs charge more and if Liverpool are charging £72 it's too much. How are regular customers by which I presume you mean s/c holders charged more than someone that comes once a year ?

Besides my point was those throwing in how much they spend on beer then saying it's expensive is irrelevant, how much anyone spends outside the ticket price is irrelevant.
For a lot of us, a seasoncard just isn't practical. I live overseas and can get to 3 or 4 games a year. Therefore, I have to go down the matchday ticket route. I'm over for the Huddersfield game, and it's costing me 53stg for the ticket. Now I understand that, when I bought the ticket (last October), the game was the scheduled last home game of the season and was potentially the day we would be presented with the PL trophy (yes, even back then). But that is a very high price for a game against the calibre of opposition that is Huddersfield. I fully understand, and agree, that SC holders should pay less per game than the occasional attendee (?). No problem with that at all.

Extrapolating pre premier league season tickets to today re inflation what would they cost ? Any math account geniuses out there give us an idea ?

Maybe they have room , if we introduce cheaper s/c they will be taken up by existing s/c holders moving. You have posted before that younger fans like to go in groups of mates at the moment whether as matchday buyers or taking up s/c that come available cheap or not there aren't seats grouped together available. Basically we are pretty much full up.
When we expand and have 6000 seats to sell then there is an argument for seating new fans together for £299 -£399 (£16 -£20 / game). though at those prices not sure 21-25 need a further reduction, but that's a different debate.

i know mate we've had this discussion before.

they might be taken up existing season ticket holders. that wouldn't be a bad thing either. i.e. cheaper prices for existing fans. we have one of the oldest fan bases in the league, lots of our season ticket holders will not be attending over the next few years. as people get older they naturally stop going or can't. so there will be tickets available. our fan base at the ground has changed loads just in the last ten years and there are lots of new season ticket holders every season. as i said loads of other top teams are doing something about it, so its not meaningless or pointless to think about it or implement something.

i agree we need to expand to help it. I'm going to leave it at that because we have the same discussion on this most of the time haha

For a lot of us, a seasoncard just isn't practical. I live overseas and can get to 3 or 4 games a year. Therefore, I have to go down the matchday ticket route. I'm over for the Huddersfield game, and it's costing me 53stg for the ticket. Now I understand that, when I bought the ticket (last October), the game was the scheduled last home game of the season and was potentially the day we would be presented with the PL trophy (yes, even back then). But that is a very high price for a game against the calibre of opposition that is Huddersfield. I fully understand, and agree, that SC holders should pay less per game than the occasional attendee (?). No problem with that at all.
I'm in the same boat and got my ticket in August and though it's not now the Huddersfield game was the last home game which for a few years now has been priced at £58 (£53 for cityzens), whether the last game should be at the high prices is questionable.
Like I said in my post I reckon the £58 games should be about £10 less £48 (£43 for cityzens ) sounds about fair to me for the top priced games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.