Season Tickets 2018-19 - 3% average increase reported

I'm in the same boat and got my ticket in August and though it's not now the Huddersfield game was the last home game which for a few years now has been priced at £58 (£53 for cityzens), whether the last game should be at the high prices is questionable.
Like I said in my post I reckon the £58 games should be about £10 less £48 (£43 for cityzens ) sounds about fair to me for the top priced games.
Forgot to mention, I am a Cityzen. I wonder what the tickets would have cost (against the same opposition) if we'd had a similar season to last year.

Forgot to mention, I am a Cityzen. I wonder what the tickets would have cost (against the same opposition) if we'd had a similar season to last year.
Just checked last home game last season apart from the midweek postponed game was Leicester and I paid the same £53. year before last game was Southampton that was £49.Again those are citizen prices.

Just checked last home game last season apart from the midweek postponed game was Leicester and I paid the same £53. year before last game was Southampton that was £49.Again those are citizen prices.
Its not suprising then that people get season even if they have no intention of going to all the games as it would be cost efective

Its not suprising then that people get season even if they have no intention of going to all the games as it would be cost efective
Yes, I get to about 5 /6 games and pay about £220 - £250 though one or 2 might be cup games so probably £200 on league games . If I got a £299 s/c and could make about 10 games I probably would. Only reason for me not to is the cost of travelling and time mean I couldn't do more games , But I can see why some would and have their seat empty half the season.

If all these fans are giving up, how come the attendances appear to be higher than ever? This applies to cup and European matches.

There are a lot of cheerful souls on this thread.

Are they?

Have you not noticed the empty seats. In a season when we're playing the best ever football, and have just won the title, there shouldn't be 1 single empty seat if that's the case.

And what will happen when Pep goes, and we possibly become a CL top 4 side? How many empty seats then?

Nobody expects dirt cheap or free tickets, but City fans can't afford £53-£58 matchday tickets.

We used to slaughter Arsenal for such high price matchday ticket prices. We're now an Arsenal, apart from not having their wealthy London fan base.

Cast your mind back to Burnley in the FA Cup. Sold out. Cheap tickets. And 10,000's of City fans who don't normally go to the PL matches.

Dad's, Mum's, Kids, Families, all City fans who want to watch City, but can't afford PL ticket prices.

We could fill a 60,000-65,000 capacity stadium if season ticket and matchday tickets we're cheaper.

Yes, City would take a hit on season ticket and matchday ticket revenue, but that would be balanced out by extra revenue from food, drink, and merchandise sales.

For the life of me, and perhaps only City know why, but I can't understand why City are plodding along with the current season ticket and matchday ticket price setup.

And don't forget, our prize money and sponsorship deals will go through the roof after winning this season's PL, and getting to the last 8 of the CL.

Another point not mentioned. We probably only need 2 players this Summer. One will probably be Fred, and the other will be? Not to mention some players possibly leaving?

There won't be a huge transfer splash this Summer.

So all in all, there is absolutely no reason to increase season tickets or matchday ticket prices, regardless of demand.

They will. They very very nearly always do. So not the end JRB.

No they won't.

Can't you see the empty seats, Steve?

Those seats are empty due to choice.

The choice is not paying those ticket prices.

Open your eyes, mate.

Only Pep and his wonderful team are keep bums on seats, regardless of season ticket and matchday ticket prices.

One of Moyes, Van Gaal, and Mourinho would have wiped 1000's off the attendances. Just like Pearce did. 4000 fans down the following season.

Are they?

Have you not noticed the empty seats. In a season when we're playing the best ever football, and have just won the title, there shouldn't be 1 single empty seat if that's the case.

And what will happen when Pep goes, and we possibly become a CL top 4 side? How many empty seats then?

Nobody expects dirt cheap or free tickets, but City fans can't afford £53-£58 matchday tickets.

We used to slaughter Arsenal for such high price matchday ticket prices. We're now an Arsenal, apart from not having their wealthy London fan base.

Cast your mind back to Burnley in the FA Cup. Sold out. Cheap tickets. And 10,000's of City fans who don't normally go to the PL matches.

Dad's, Mum's, Kids, Families, all City fans who want to watch City, but can't afford PL ticket prices.

We could fill a 60,000-65,000 capacity stadium if season ticket and matchday tickets we're cheaper.

Yes, City would take a hit on season ticket and matchday ticket revenue, but that would be balanced out by extra revenue from food, drink, and merchandise sales.

For the life of me, and perhaps only City know why, but I can't understand why City are plodding along with the current season ticket and matchday ticket price setup.

And don't forget, our prize money and sponsorship deals will go through the roof after winning this season's PL, and getting to the last 8 of the CL.

Another point not mentioned. We probably only need 2 players this Summer. One will probably be Fred, and the other will be? Not to mention some players possibly leaving?

There won't be a huge transfer splash this Summer.

So all in all, there is absolutely no reason to increase season tickets or matchday ticket prices, regardless of demand.
Empty seats have nothing to do with attendaces. Just about every game has sold out other than s/c resales or returned third tier away.
Empty seats are almost entirely down to season ticket holders not attending for whatever reason.
Anyone trying to buy two or three matchday tickets together after October would have struggled other than the back few rows of the third tiers.

Yes, I get to about 5 /6 games and pay about £220 - £250 though one or 2 might be cup games so probably £200 on league games . If I got a £299 s/c and could make about 10 games I probably would. Only reason for me not to is the cost of travelling and time mean I couldn't do more games , But I can see why some would and have their seat empty half the season.

If you can justify it then get the Seasoncard and release your seat on the exchange whenever you can’t attend. From memory, you can sell it six times in total. That’ll give you a credit off your next Seasoncard.

I can’t attend the final three and have made just over £90 for 2018/19.

Empty seats have nothing to do with attendaces. Just about every game has sold out other than s/c resales or returned third tier away.
Empty seats are almost entirely down to season ticket holders not attending for whatever reason.
Anyone trying to buy two or three matchday tickets together after October would have struggled other than the back few rows of the third tiers.

That's a croc of shite and you know it.

It's like a United, can't get a ticket.

There have been numerous games that haven't sold out.

Matchday tickets not selling.
'
Our season ticket holders are in the mid 40,000's. Nobody knows the exact figure. 3000 away fans.

So guessing, 46,000(?) season ticket holders. 3000 away fans. Corporate, etc,1000. That's not far short of 5000 matchday seats up for grabs.

We don't sell matchday tickets out on a regular basis. For the big games yes. But for the smaller games, not a chance in hell.

So please, give the season ticket holders not turning up excuse a rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.