Most gutting loss this season.

Rags loss hurt greatly of course but I'm finding it impossible to shake off the CL loss to the dippers. I think this hurts the most because I genuinely believe that if the officials had not been biased or possibly corrupt then we would at the least have remained competitive until the end in this tie. I know we seldom, if ever get any luck against them and we didn't help ourselves with shambolic defending yet the feeling remains with me, that if the indisputable three goal changing decisions that they were gifted by our friendly UEFA officials had been given correctly then things could have been entirely different (I have omitted other strange decisions in the tie in the interests of brevity). I am cannot recall any European or domestic game where we have had the 'rub of the green' like this in my 50 plus years of following our team.
The fact that they had Klopp friendly German officials for the 1st leg whereas we had Spanish (anti Catalan?) officials for the 2nd leg does not sit well with me. I believe the referee at our place was also the same ref who did the home leg v Monaco last season who ridiculously disallowed the penalty claim for a blatant foul on Sergio, so he has very recent history with us.
I am sure some on here will think me paranoid but as has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum (post match thread iirc) UEFA tried to f*** us over with FFP, and in fact managed to stall us for a couple of seasons with their restrictions. I believe that having now failed with their actions off the pitch they (David Gill et al at UEFA) may now have resorted to doing whatever it takes to protect the established 'European Royalty' with the actions of their appointed officials on the pitch!
I genuinely hope I am wrong in my beliefs in this respect but we all now know FIFA was finally proved to be corrupt to the core, even though most of us knew it years/decades in advance of this being confirmed. Is it therefore not beyond the realms of possibility that UEFA is just as corrupt and self serving in the interests of the established elite and that it will do anything to defend its cronies?
These thoughts have left a very bad taste in my mouth, or is it I'm just a bad loser?

Rags loss hurt greatly of course but I'm finding it impossible to shake off the CL loss to the dippers. I think this hurts the most because I genuinely believe that if the officials had not been biased or possibly corrupt then we would at the least have remained competitive until the end in this tie. I know we seldom, if ever get any luck against them and we didn't help ourselves with shambolic defending yet the feeling remains with me, that if the indisputable three goal changing decisions that they were gifted by our friendly UEFA officials had been given correctly then things could have been entirely different (I have omitted other strange decisions in the tie in the interests of brevity). I am cannot recall any European or domestic game where we have had the 'rub of the green' like this in my 50 plus years of following our team.
The fact that they had Klopp friendly German officials for the 1st leg whereas we had Spanish (anti Catalan?) officials for the 2nd leg does not sit well with me. I believe the referee at our place was also the same ref who did the home leg v Monaco last season who ridiculously disallowed the penalty claim for a blatant foul on Sergio, so he has very recent history with us.
I am sure some on here will think me paranoid but as has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum (post match thread iirc) UEFA tried to f*** us over with FFP, and in fact managed to stall us for a couple of seasons with their restrictions. I believe that having now failed with their actions off the pitch they (David Gill et al at UEFA) may now have resorted to doing whatever it takes to protect the established 'European Royalty' with the actions of their appointed officials on the pitch!
I genuinely hope I am wrong in my beliefs in this respect but we all now know FIFA was finally proved to be corrupt to the core, even though most of us knew it years/decades in advance of this being confirmed. Is it therefore not beyond the realms of possibility that UEFA is just as corrupt and self serving in the interests of the established elite and that it will do anything to defend its cronies?
These thoughts have left a very bad taste in my mouth, or is it I'm just a bad loser?
It's not a possibilty that UEFA is corrupt it's a fact.
Q/ Who was the previous head of UEFA ? What happened to him ??
A/ Twatini, taking bribes.
So there's your corruption.
P.S not to mention a host of other questionable incidents.
EG rigged draw for Semi tie, Liverpool Roma tickets on website prior to televised draw?
There's so many incidents it's a joke.
The new bloke is no better. The fact that he ruled out having VAR suggests he doesn't want transparency.

Give me a domestic treble anytime over a glorified knockout euro cup competition.

Therefore in response to this thread. My biggest disappointment was losing to wigan and not going on to complete a domestic treble.
Having said that, this season should be celebrated.

This all day.

Champions League loss to Pool. When you look at the others in the champions league and our form I felt like this was the best year to win it. I dunno why so many on here say the league is the most important. Leagues are great but imo you can't be considered a great team if you have no CL titles to your name. Just need one too.

It's hard to decide. The rag game was massively disappointing purely because of the feeling that we threw it away. We absolutely schooled them in the first half. It was like a training match. But they got complacent, and not only cocked up that match, but ended up having to bring on players we were supposed to be saving for the CL game.

But the two Liverpool games come with a huge sense of injustice. It's not often that you lose by 4 goals and genuinely point to dodgy decisions being the main factor. The only other recent game I can remember that comes close was the one against Spurs where Walker pushed Sterling, the penalty wasn't given, and they went straight down the other end and scored. But these two games bring it to another level. Salah's opening goal is correctly ruled offside, and they probably don't score 3 in the first half. Our offside goal is allowed to stand and we go into the second leg with an away goal. Milner's assist is recognised and we finish the first half 2-0 up, we don't have to leave the defence so exposed when chasing the game, and they probably don't score their two goals. Any one of these decisions is given correctly and there's a good chance we go through.

I'm sorry but City just walked the league and won a domestic cup, it seems pointless to dwell on figuring out ways to be miserable about them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.