50th Aniversary First Div Champions 14 May

16 at the time stood behind the goal (Leazers end) great day,City fans everywhere that day pay on the gate.

I was also at that game in the stand behind the goals with the roof, where we sored the 2 first half goals. Never new what the name of the Stand, was that the Leazers end?
Remember having a few and missing my coach home, managed to stowaway on another one.
Also remember standing on the touchline with thousands of blues waiting for the final whistle. Great days before fences.

Too much. The 68 team enjoyed their moment in the sun, now it’s the lads who have come to take their place.

It should be marked but let today’s team have their moment.

There's a line in a song there....almost :)

I agree all well and good to mention it and a nice touch would be to bring on players from the team for applause wherever it'll be but the day is about the current crop.

Not only did we play Bury (won 4-2) but Malcolm Allison came on as a sub. Great days. I got my Dad out of bed at 6-00 am to go to Newcastle, and it was worth it. Got home just in time to watch Sunderland stuff the Rags on Match of the Day.

I was also at that game in the stand behind the goals with the roof, where we sored the 2 first half goals. Never new what the name of the Stand, was that the Leazers end?
Remember having a few and missing my coach home, managed to stowaway on another one.
Also remember standing on the touchline with thousands of blues waiting for the final whistle. Great days before fences.
Yes that was the Newcastle end a few skirmishes that afternoon in the Leazers but we had control, the open end behind the other goal was called the Gallowgate.

How many blues do people reckon were at St James’ for that game?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.