It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester City are reviving their interest in Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez (27) and could go back for him this summer. City may also try again for Southampton left-back Ryan Bertrand (28). [Mirror]

Totally true the interest of Manchester City in Bertrand.Two important conditions for that:The first one is if Southampton is relegated or not(influence in the price) and the second that one of LB leave (Delph/Zinchenko).Bertrand accept the competence of Mendy and City wants him.

From Jose Haya

I think Zin would be the one to leave, especially since he takes up a foreign spot. Also I think Delph has really proven his worth, very impressed with him. Zin could go on loan perhaps or if Napoli are still interested we could come up with an agreement where Jorginho comes the other way?

Wouldn't want either Delph nor Zinny to leave

Think both have been valuable this season, but they can definitely be upgraded. I love Delph, think he’s top notch but as a full back he doesn’t get forward enough and without Mendy we can’t play the 352 that Pep seems to like.

Let’s not forget how Zinchenko only got game time by sheer fluke. The Alves U-turn meant we couldn’t sign a second left back. Mendy does his ACL 3 or 4 games into his season. Delph is transformed into a full back. He gets injured too. Our Alves replacement isn’t seen as good enough at left back and only then we turn to Zinchenko. He’s a tidy enough player but he’ll take a foreign spot next season so he’ll most likely be shipped out unless he wants to spend a season learning from Pep but not playing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.