Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what corner is that ? I've been consistent all season,some will say talking shit,and for that I commend you all,but problem is when he comes in for criticism you put the defence up,and you are kidding yourself,in fact why the fuck I'm responding to you is bizarre to start with,you being the seeker of truth and justice and all that,now let us carry on
You are entrenched and you are not backing down

Continue

Don’t think anybody is saying he deserves the ballon d’or. He deserves praise from his own fans though, considering how good he’s been this season.

Mate,he didn't make team of the year,if he had finished a few more of his guilt edged chances he might have squeezed in it,but so many are making him out to be a far superior player than what he is,but others see otherwise,it's just opinions that's all

Remind me where that ignore button is again,you had so called pressed it on me many months ago.but couldn't resist clicking it again so I could still enlighten you,fair play to you
You amuse me camped out on the thread of a kid who is having an excellent season but not giving him any credit

continue

You amuse me camped out on the thread of a kid who is having an excellent season but not giving him any credit

continue

Not camped out on it at all,the reaction you have is like I've made a personal verbal attack on a member of your family,so eventually you get personal,as always.

Entrenched you said,I think it is enlightened the word that you are meaning,anyway I'm off now,but yes no doubt it will be continued,got to keep you amused after all

Goals
Sterling - 17.
Hazard - 12.

Shots on Target/Total Shots
Sterling - 32/78 (41%)
Hazard - 35/64 (54.7%)

Shots Per Goal
Sterling - 4.59.
Hazard - 5.33.

Shots on Target Per Goal
Sterling - 1.88
Hazard - 2.92.

Minutes per Goal
Sterling - 2252/17 - 132.5.
Hazard - 2153/12 - 179.4.

Successful Dribbles
Sterling - 58/101 - 57.4%
Hazard - 145/178 - 81.5%.

Possession Loss (Unsuccessful Touches + Dispossessed)
Sterling - (56+52) - 108.
Hazard - (57+64) - 121.

Short Passing (Acc. SP/Total SP)
Sterling - (849/1003) - 84.6%
Hazard (923/1109) - 83.2%

Long Passing (Acc. LP/Total LP)
Sterling - (8/24) - 33.3%
Hazard - (89/98) - 90.8%.

Key Passes
Sterling - 50
Hazard - 74

Assists
Sterling - 8
Hazard - 5

Successful Tackles (Completed Tackles/Total)
Sterling - (18/44) - 40.9%
Hazard (3/18) - 16.7%

Interceptions
Sterling - 7
Hazard - 3

Number of Times Fouled
Sterling - 54.
Hazard - 76.

Fouls Conceded (sums up the reffing)
Sterling - 34.
Hazard - 10.

Caught Offside
Sterling - 12
Hazard - 15.

Clearances
Sterling - 7
Hazard - 0.

Passes Blocked
Sterling - 22.
Hazard - 10.

So in summary, this season Sterling wins 12-6, Hazard can dribble better and has a wider passing range, but is less clinical with shots on target and does barely any defensive work, whilst Sterling puts a shift in, puts up with City refereeing, despite being much quicker is offside less often and when he hits the target tends to be very clinical.

I don't know why you lot are still trying to argue with him.

The moment the bellend said he couldn't stand Sterling because of the way he runs, it was the definitive proof needed that he's not interested in being fair, or judging the player as a player, for what he does for us on the pitch. He's dug a hole 2 seasons ago writing him off as all pace no brains, and now he'll find whatever inane excuse he can find to justify his shit opinion. Last season all he did was opine about how Pep was going to dump him ASAP and complain about the "Sterling defence gang" who'd do things like comment positively after the kid played a good game and not try to scapegoat him after a loss.

Just walk away. You aren't going to convince him. The kid could score 40 and he'd want 50, get 50 and he'd say a proper player would have scored 60 or not made that one mistake.

Last edited:
We have opinions. Whilst I respect yours, I do not necessarily have to agree with it.

Instead of continually asking folk to quantify their opinion, why don't you come up with one of your own for a change. Everything you post, is either a question, or you saying "we'll have to agree to disagree!" The amount of times you have come out with that is quite incredible and indicates a lack of clarity and thought on your behalf. You don't actually appear to offer much opinion, but feel the need to ask everyone for their take on things.

I get the impression Raheem (pretty much the only subject you make an effort at expressing an opinion on) isn't a favourite of yours and I feel you have laboured that point to death without adding anything to the debate due to being incapable - see the Claudio Bravo thread for repeat nonsense. Your faux praising of Raheem does not count; it feels pained and through gritted teeth.

By the way, could you please stop using - (em dash, maybe just use a comma or semicolon) in every thing you write. It's tiresome and unnecessary and you clearly do not understand its use.

All the best.

If there's anything I have said and you do not like it; then we shall just have to agree to disagree :)

Last edited:
I don't know why you lot are still trying to argue with him.

The moment the bellend said he couldn't stand Sterling because of the way he runs, it was the definitive proof needed that he's not interested in being fair, or judging the player as a player, for what he does for us on the pitch. He's dug a hole 2 seasons ago writing him off as all pace no brains, and now he'll find whatever inane excuse he can find to justify his shit opinion. Last season all he did was opine about how Pep was going to dump him ASAP and complain about the "Sterling defence gang" who'd do things like comment positively after the kid played a good game and not try to scapegoat him after a loss.

Just walk away. You aren't going to convince him. The kid could score 40 and he'd want 50, get 50 and he'd say a proper player would have scored 60 or not made that one mistake.

Who said that. Who the fuck said that?

Ignore the Full Metal Jacket quote :)

*EDIT* I have witnessed who uttered such hilarity.

Mate,he didn't make team of the year,if he had finished a few more of his guilt edged chances he might have squeezed in it,but so many are making him out to be a far superior player than what he is,but others see otherwise,it's just opinions that's all

Can't believe a City supporter is really going to try and use this as a reason why he isn't good, pmsl. Someone let poor David Silva know he must have been awful every year before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.