Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky sports tonight doing a review of upcoming games and gets to plastic dippers:
sky host: Paul (Merson),are you surprised that there is only one Liverpool player (Salah) in the PFA team of the year?
Shitforbrains: yes
......hmm, is that the team 17 points behind the league leaders, who would be considerably more without 1 player?
tbh I am a bit surprised, especially considering how many Spurs have in there.

ESPN with Craig Burley, Stevie Nicoll and Shaka Hislop. Brilliant. Burley and Nicoll are brutal - they'd never be allowed to say half the stuff they say if they were on our screens.
I love that, Shaka is a funny guy... says it as it is. And as far as I can see there seems to be no ill feeling against City

Isn't it just that there star players are all forwards/attacking players, and up against all the others. The defence in the PFA team is more arguable.

BTW, you're famous - quoted in the i today as the City quote in their 30 word per club extracts from the web.

When you look at that Liverpool squad, everything except the front three is remarkably average. Would Henderson get in any other top team? Lovren? Karius? I doubt it.

Their team has 24 goals between them when you take away Coutinho and the front three. For comparison, City have 51 when you take away Aguero, Sané, Sterling and De Bruyne, the closest equivalents on each team.

Outside of Salah, I'm not sure who else deserves a spot.

I see the Peterborough swann has reverted to ugly duckling mode again.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-city-are-way-off-united-s-standard-1-8463922
These comparisons of teams from different eras are fundamentally biased against the team from the present. City players are judged on their performances in the current year whereas uniteds 98/99 players are judged on their peak performances.
I’m sure that if a group of unbiased neutral fans were asked to pick a combined city 17/18 and united 98/99 team 90% of them would pick giggs over Sané. Partly because of the arsenal goal and partly because of the assumption that giggs was at his peak in 98/99. In fact giggs missed large chunks of 98/99 and was often on the bench. If I remember rightly he made about 25 appearances and scored about 4 goals. Based purely on performances on the one season Sané was streets ahead of giggs

I see the Peterborough swann has reverted to ugly duckling mode again.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk...-city-are-way-off-united-s-standard-1-8463922

Yes just the usual fake news. He claims that the Rags treble-winners would never have "caved in" like we did against Liverpool. In fact they caved in to Arsenal, Sheffield Wednesday, and mighty Middlesbrough that season (shipping 3 goals each time) and also had 13 draws on their way to their stunning total of 79 points. Just another hack who is too lazy to even use Google.
What we are seeing around United is a false media narrative which the Russians would be proud of. I think matchgoing fans of all clubs can see it for what it is.

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has taken a swipe at Manchester City by claiming his side can achieve success without the backing of “Arab billionaires”.

Stinks of racism.

hang on:
Bayern have held their winter training camp in Qatar seven times, beginning their preparations for the second half of the Bundesliga season, including a trip in January this year. The German champions also signed a long-term deal with Hamad International Airport in Doha in 2016.

Qatar Airways Announces Partnership with Germany’s FC Bayern München AG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.