Does all the city bull...t bingo get you down?.

It is more annoying when someone who's not particularly interested in football, that having read about the supposed empty seats, then comments in the belief that the Etihad is half empty every week

If there's an article about us on the BBC website, I glance at the first twenty or so "Have your say" and it's always full of the City bingo card bollocks, generally from people like John the Man U fan in Bedfordshire
And it does slightly depress me because I know they truly believe what they're writing

I had a debate with a spurs supporter on another forum where they were saying we were state funded and without hugely inflated Abu Dhabi sponsorship money our revenue would be tiny
So there was an exchange where I compared our revenue with Arsenal. I pointed out that less than 20% of City's entire revenue is from the UAE and I then named a number of other global partners and quoted the number we have in comparison to Arsenal, plus Arsenal receive more money from the main sponsor, Emirates, than we do from Etihad
Then I said "wait until we sign the new kit manufacturer deal as the one we have is paltry, so revenue will jump another £30M"
They soon shut up as they had no answers, but it's a waste of time trying to do this on the BBC's Have your say

That's a lot of work to "correct" a....
a bit of banter

With a single fan.

And as you say.....

but it's a waste of time trying to do this on the BBC's Have your say

Because there's so many of them.

That's because it's so pervasive, it plays to a narrative they want to hear.

The City bullshit bingo works.

I work with a few Rags, one of which is the type who has never been inside a football ground in his life - his only come back are

"You have empty seats" - a simple reply to this is "does that affect the league table?" or "i'd rather have an empty seat beside me than a half n half scarf wearing selfie stick toting Singaporean tourist"

Jealousy and bitterness is all they have now! :)

I love the bitterness of other fans tbh just another pointer to how far we as a club have gone

TBF most Rags who I work with and who attend the swamp are ok and seem to slag their own shite off more than have digs at us, its mostly scouse fans who are worse.

Personally I think it’s the established big teams trying their very best to keep us down. I was thinking this last night when I saw an article about the poor turn out of supporters outside the ground when we won the league. The article ignored the fact that the players and fans were celebrating elsewhere and was done to damage the reputation of our club. Yes it can get us down but the key is not to rise to it, let the team do the talking and we can continue to enjoy the incredible football we are nice witnessing.

It bothers me, I used to love buying 2 or 3 papers after a game and reading all the City stories, but now its just insults and bias, most of it untrue or unjustified. I love my club and love to watch us play, but it pisses me off I can barely find anything positive to read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.