Wenger leaving Arsenal at the end of the season.

Just like Ferguson, he's left his successor a shite squad and a hell of a job to compete against the top sides.

I only feel animosity towards Arsenal twice a season, or maybe three times if we play them in a cup game too.

Wenger did an amazing job there, he was the catalyst for the Premier League becoming more international and actually moving into the 21st century, away from the dinosaurs who thought you just need big lads in both boxes and a good piss up before and after the game. He paved the way for the likes of Pep to find this league worthwhile.

His bitterness towards our money was disappointing, but in some ways he cut off his nose to spite his face, he should have just spent more money at Arsenal. But no-one can dispute his achievements and some of the football he had them playing with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, et al was superb. He helped stop the vermin winning even more back then too.

Good luck to him. Didn't deserve the shit he got from the media.

Ah well, time and tide and all that. He has tarnished his legacy by staying too long. All that bullshit about our money whilst ripping our arm off for Adebayor, Nasri, et al marked him a bit of a hypocrite but hey ho. Thanks for the memories of some of his early arse teams. Wonder if he will go to PSG which would be fucking funny given how he has whined on about our cash. Perhaps the French job after the WC? Allez etc

joey barton kicking himself now after taking the fleetwood job the other day

i think his reign has overextended like Fergie's in that the squad has decayed quite a bit, but i suppose Fergie was still winning titles (somehow).

I will always maintain the fans ruined Wenger; he had his way, he never spent big and he had success from his methods. then a few fallow seasons and the demand from the fans to spend big forced the board's hand and it completely ruined the balance of the squad, the balance of Wenger's control. Arsenal supports demanded, thought they knew best and got fucked by it. good.

It's not going to be an easy task for their next manager. As for Wenger he has treading water for years (backed by Arsenal's board) should of gone earlier but you can't argue his managerial record (mostly during the earlier seasons, and the invincible season will take some beating).

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.