Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I park at Great Ancoats Retail Park when i go to get my hair cut - you get 2 hours. How selfish

When discussing transport links and ways of easing congestion in the past. I was poo posed by neville neville for my suggestion of converting the 2 gas holders into multi storey car parks. He reckoned you would be well dizzy when you reached the bottom .....
My immediate thought was the exit helter-skelter at the arndale, but on reflection the up and down ramps could simply be standard, no need to have a bend at all.
These car parks could hold a substantial amount of cars. Would not change the sky line and would also be a boon for getting cars away after games. One exits straight out at the Briscoe lane/ Alan Turing Junction and the other on bradford road, both of which could be viewed as outside the current traffic corded to protect pedestrians, allowing the new car parks to empty immediately after final whistle, Not before...... Stay to the end,
This would free up the existing car parks to be used for the collar site dedevelopment.
Also train lines in vicinity could be modified to add huge amounts of extra public transport.... The existing line that passes the ground by the gas holders could have a station siding added with a platform long enough to match piccadillys longest platform and holding all the redundant rolling stock from the old football special days. Also the existing closed track that runs from the back of the abattoir to above the mayne garage near Stuart street power station could also be made operational and feed another long train into Victoria or at least the town centre. Having a siding built for the metrolink at these 2 stations ( no need for 2 train tracks) would also greatly increase transport numbers without causing too much disruption during building
All in all this could ease some of the pressure of the added spectators when the capacity is increased to match demand for the biggest football stadium in the world, ok that's me dreaming lol, but having enough capacity to break our own attendance record easily would be a start

When discussing transport links and ways of easing congestion in the past. I was poo posed by neville neville for my suggestion of converting the 2 gas holders into multi storey car parks. He reckoned you would be well dizzy when you reached the bottom .....
My immediate thought was the exit helter-skelter at the arndale, but on reflection the up and down ramps could simply be standard, no need to have a bend at all.
These car parks could hold a substantial amount of cars. Would not change the sky line and would also be a boon for getting cars away after games. One exits straight out at the Briscoe lane/ Alan Turing Junction and the other on bradford road, both of which could be viewed as outside the current traffic corded to protect pedestrians, allowing the new car parks to empty immediately after final whistle, Not before...... Stay to the end,
This would free up the existing car parks to be used for the collar site dedevelopment.
Also train lines in vicinity could be modified to add huge amounts of extra public transport.... The existing line that passes the ground by the gas holders could have a station siding added with a platform long enough to match piccadillys longest platform and holding all the redundant rolling stock from the old football special days. Also the existing closed track that runs from the back of the abattoir to above the mayne garage near Stuart street power station could also be made operational and feed another long train into Victoria or at least the town centre. Having a siding built for the metrolink at these 2 stations ( no need for 2 train tracks) would also greatly increase transport numbers without causing too much disruption during building
All in all this could ease some of the pressure of the added spectators when the capacity is increased to match demand for the biggest football stadium in the world, ok that's me dreaming lol, but having enough capacity to break our own attendance record easily would be a start

I'm sorry if I poopooed your gasholder carpark idea, partially in the interest of comedy, but after filling it with concrete & having to fit in the up & down ramps for cars, lifts etc, do you think the end result in car parking space & resulting metal cannister full of carbon monoxide, full of folks waiting to twist their way out onto the packed roads, would be worth the building effort ?

I'm sorry if I poopooed your gasholder carpark idea, partially in the interest of comedy, but after filling it with concrete & having to fit in the up & down ramps for cars, lifts etc, do you think the end result in car parking space & resulting metal cannister full of carbon monoxide, full of folks waiting to twist their way out onto the packed roads, would be worth the building effort ?
https://www.dezeen.com/2017/11/09/s...rid-gasholder-bases-architecture-competition/

Don't know if this is of any significance, just read that the Hall and Rogers site on Ashton New Road and another site is going to be demolished. Its long term use is said to be "probably residential". But short term, it quotes 2018/19, to be used for Car Parking. Is the site big enough to free up Car Parking on the Collar Site?

Don't know if this is of any significance, just read that the Hall and Rogers site on Ashton New Road and another site is going to be demolished. Its long term use is said to be "probably residential". But short term, it quotes 2018/19, to be used for Car Parking. Is the site big enough to free up Car Parking on the Collar Site?
It had /has planning permission for an Ice Dome .http://www.manchester.gov.uk/download/meetings/id/21113/item_16_-_the_manchester_ice_dome

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.