City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I didn't articulate my point very well.
We have circa 30,000+ season ticket holders. In that lot there will be a lot weddings, illness, funerals, school sports days, holidays etc etc etc.
The club would need an army of administrators to deal with it each week.
Also, a lot (if not most) season ticket holders just wouldn't / couldn't be arsed contacting the club and effectively showing them a note from their mum as to why they can't attend the game on that particular day and hope they accept it as a valid reason. It's madness to think otherwise.
Its just a completely unworkable system / solution.
Do you think that all of the 30,000+ season tickets holders are attending less than 66% of the games currently? I certainly don't.

Most may miss the occasional game for the reasons you've discussed, but its unlikely that most will miss 7 out of 19 games for those reasons. As I said in an earlier post, the majority of those will be known well in advance of the game so there is no reason why you couldn't pass on your ticket or list it on the ticket exchange. I'm not saying you have to attend it yourself, just dont leave your seat empty ffs.

If the threat of losing your season ticket was introduced, I can guarantee it would be a few hundred at most, and I think the administrative burden would be worthwhile. The majority of those will have a justified explanation.

Do you think that all of the 30,000+ season tickets holders are attending less than 66% of the games currently? I certainly don't.

Most may miss the occasional game for the reasons you've discussed, but its unlikely that most will miss 7 out of 19 games for those reasons. As I said in an earlier post, the majority of those will be known well in advance of the game so there is no reason why you couldn't pass on your ticket or list it on the ticket exchange. I'm not saying you have to attend it yourself, just dont leave your seat empty ffs.

If the threat of losing your season ticket was introduced, I can guarantee it would be a few hundred at most, and I think the administrative burden would be worthwhile. The majority of those will have a justified explanation.

i dont care how many times you post it,or how many caveats you put in, you are still wrong.

Carrot not stick is the only fair way.

i dont care how many times you post it,or how many caveats you put in, you are still wrong.

Carrot not stick is the only fair way.

We'll agree to disagree on who is in the right.

I'm responding with practical solutions to concerns people have raised, and I am able to do so in a rational manner (not offering to fight someone at the next game).

What's your solution to the problem? I've not seen any alternative suggestion but I'm all ears.

We'll agree to disagree on who is in the right.

I'm responding with practical solutions to concerns people have raised, and I am able to do so in a rational manner (not offering to fight someone at the next game).

What's your solution to the problem? I've not seen any alternative suggestion but I'm all ears.

I dont see it as a problem, so why would I have a solution for something thats not a problem?

If you think there is a problem my suggestion is that you use some form of ecouragement not draconian and unfair penalties. (hence the carrot and stick comment previously)

By the way your rational manner was insulting and condescending and I responded in kind. Please note that as soon as you dropped that attitude I dropped mine.

The thing is with season card holders not attending is that they should be selling their ticket on the ticket exchange or passing them to a friend/relative... people can't make the games and that's fair enough, but in the top 5 attendances we seem to be the worse for season ticket holders not showing up, there are times where we've had 53,000 people attend a game yet the stadium looks like there's more than 2,000 missing people.

I don't get the logic of buying a ticket and not turning up, or not selling a ticket for a game you can't attend? I've always passed my ticket on or sold it whenever I've had to miss a game, it's wasted money otherwise.

If there was a threat of losing my season ticket because I could not attend a few games in the season then there would be 3 season tickets available for those fans who can’t sleep at night because there is the odd empty seat.

My sons seat will be empty Sunday because the cricket season has started and he has a match and I and he think it’s important he does not let the team down. Is that a valid excuse or should he be punished because you don’t like the fact there will be an empty seat?

they've paid for a season ticket so it's up to them if they use it or not. As long as they aren't touting which is easily checked then there is no issue

The loyalty points system is the fairest way of allocating tickets, admittedly it does appear that some abuse it and the club should stamp this out and remove points from the culprits.
I’ve always said it needs to be on a ten year rolling basis. Those still going every week would be no worse off.

And I say that as someone will 11,000 loyalty points who’s only made one game in five years (so it would be the likes of me that would be punished by a rolling period).

but in the top 5 attendances we seem to be the worse for season ticket holders not showing up, there are times where we've had 53,000 people attend a game yet the stadium looks like there's more than 2,000 missing people.
It may be a perception if my maths is right if on average s/c holders missed one game spread evenly over the season there would be 2300 missing / game. without them being passed on or resold. Obviously there will be more some games than others but the average missed games could be more than 1 per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.