Matthijs de Ligt

the answer is he hasn't.

Sadly though, he seems to have said exactly that.

Agreed 100%

Either nothing in this or we agree to bring him in next summer when Vinny’s contract is up.

Can’t see any other situation. Laporte, Otamendi, Kompany not going anywhere. All have maximum faith and respect from Pep. Stones as well. He is 4th choice now because he’s been injured and hasn’t had a constant run of games. A few errors have hurt his confidence but to sell him would be insane. Not only would we sell at a massive loss. We would tell every future prospect hey we’ll give you a chance but if you fail to perform for 4-5 games you’re gone. Stones pre injury was easily one of the best in the league. Will be a starter for England most likely so he a great opportunity to regain his confidence. Watching his interview after the title win tells me he’s happy here and isn’t going anywhere.

I hope you're right. The other option is that it has nothing to do with De Ligt and Wallace doesn't know anything. We could have been talking about any of Ajax's players, trying to sell them one of ours, or even trying to poach the scout we met with for our scouting team.

I hope you're right. The other option is that it has nothing to do with De Ligt and Wallace doesn't know anything. We could have been talking about any of Ajax's players, trying to sell them one of ours, or even trying to poach the scout we met with for our scouting team.

Exactly could be a lot of things. I remember Angelino was linked with Ajax.

No links but maybe they are interested in M.Garcia.

Hopefully we are agreeing a Naby Keita style deal. Would be the perfect Kompany replacement next summer.

If we sign another central defender then one is leaving and I can only think it’s Otamendi.

Laporte and Stones are going nowhere, both young with a good future ahead of them and Vinny is basically an assistant manager for the club let alone the team.
Perhaps Vinnie is retiring and joining the staff, or Laporte can't handle England, or Stones want a deeper color of Blue. We really don't know.

My vest guess is that Pep wants him as his DM if we are interested.

BTW, Pwp is failing my hand here: The DM plays right next to De Ligt. Why can't Pep see him :(

Perhaps Vinnie is retiring and joining the staff, or Laporte can't handle England, or Stones want a deeper color of Blue. We really don't know.

BTW, Pwp is failing my hand here: The DM plays right next to De Ligt. Why can't Pep see him :(

perhaps he can but just doesn't want to move. Maybe we make a success of De Ligt and De Jong would have a buddy for next summer if he's ready and we're interested?

Stones is going nowhere, he's going to be a big part of our future success. He's learning every day from the best coach in the world and the best centre half and ambassador in the world. He'll retire a legend.

I hope we won’t waste a good chunk of the budget on yet another obscenely expensive defender. It’s almost impossible to gauge a player playing in the Eredivisie. The only high-level competitive match that I saw him play in was against United, and he didn’t stand out as anything special. Davinson Sanchez looked the far superior defender in that game.

It’s funny how quickly some people seem to forget just how good Stones was for part of this season. Before his injury he was arguably our best player. He just needs to be afforded a bit more time and I’m sure that he’ll be able to show regularly that level of form.

We play with risk. The central defenders are often left exposed and, as such, any defensive errors are punished more frequently. This is what people remember and what gets highlighted in the media and in the statistics - not the errors that go unpunished. This is precisely why we have people claiming United’s and Burnley’s centre-backs to be amongst the best in the league.

The system employed by Mourinho includes a relatively high level of defensive redundancy. It should come under no surprise that, in contrast, defenders struggle under Pep’s system, where they often find themselves having to deal with 1-on-1, 2-on-1 and 3-on-2 situations. I believe that I recall Pep acknowledging this in an interview last season. As good as this kid may turn out to be, the transfer budget is far better spent in other areas. We could spend another £200m on centre-backs without improving the squad one bit.

I've never trusted VESTS Dax, underpants are more knowledgeable, ask them.... ;^ )

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.

Posted by your good self and Stones is a right sided player, having covered for the blue dippers at right back in over 20 matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.