Funny how rivals who used to have all the money, call foul when that changes.

Up here in the land of the vacant sun, you cannot read an article from certain journos of a certain Rangers persuasion, highlighting the gap in resources and how their poor old team can’t compete.

If you ask them, as I did one of these guys last week, “ Show me one article you have written during Rangers 9 in a row, where you mentioned the gap in resources and how we were up against it?”

Cough

Just one.

Well, it was

Shut up. You didn’t give a fuck when your team held the upper hand. Was never a problem. Now you are fucked financially, it’s all to the detriment of the game? Please.

Anyway, that conversation ended but the fact remains. Clubs who had all the dosh, lorded it over those who didn’t, and now things have changed, it’s a different story. Not fair, too much, bad for the game.

Well, they can all fuck off.

No likey when the shoes on the other foot?

Get fucking used to it.

Had to get this off my chest, it really fucks me off.

If you look at the top of the League here, you have the clubs who pushed for the initial formation of the Premier League & Champions League, minus Leeds, plus two clubs who have owners who used their money to catch up.

After all those years. That's all.

Yet somehow we were supposed to bridge that gap without financial investment or we are 'cheating'.

When comparing the old guard -- who spent because they "earned it" -- and City ("filthy oil money who bought the league"), I continue to draw the parallel between Amazon and a giant brick-and-mortar retailer, or any disruptive technology company financed by venture capital up against an "old school" traditional business.

Should venture capital be illegal because it upends the hegemony?

Welcome to the new world. Change or die. Shut up and figure out how to compete, or fail.

I know two rag fans personally that have fallen out of love with football because in their words "Money has ruined the game" but strangely they didn't seem bothered when they were smashing the British transfer record on a yearly basis. Those same fans were giddy when they spunked loads of money on Pogba and Lukaku and thought of those buys as a beginning of a new dawn and the start of their second coming.
The initial euphoria was tempered by our good early start but as that start continued on to be a dominance they reverted back to type complaining that money has given City the edge and it's an unfair playing field. When I quote how much they have spent they always reply that the money they spend is money acquired the correct way, whereas in fact the money they spend is money gained by whoring their brand on every product they can shoehorn their badge onto. My happiness on winning the league again is arrogance so the only way to approach my conversations with them is to mock them because they deserve no less than contempt.

C
god, you've been whinging about money all season, even brought bleeding Anderlecht into it.

I was more lamenting we didn’t have enough to compete. That’s the way it is. Not their fault they have more resources than us. I don’t grudge any team getting cash in. Well, maybe one.

The main point I was making was up here is the guys who are all continually referencing the gap never gave it second thought when their team was screwing Hector sideways.

Or doing that face painter out of his £36.

I lament the situation re us in Europe but that’s only deep rooted jealousy of those who have it.:) I would love for some generous billionaire to back us.

We have a billionaire but he has short arms and long pockets.

I know two rag fans personally that have fallen out of love with football because in their words "Money has ruined the game" but strangely they didn't seem bothered when they were smashing the British transfer record on a yearly basis. Those same fans were giddy when they spunked loads of money on Pogba and Lukaku and thought of those buys as a beginning of a new dawn and the start of their second coming.
The initial euphoria was tempered by our good early start but as that start continued on to be a dominance they reverted back to type complaining that money has given City the edge and it's an unfair playing field. When I quote how much they have spent they always reply that the money they spend is money acquired the correct way, whereas in fact the money they spend is money gained by whoring their brand on every product they can shoehorn their badge onto. My happiness on winning the league again is arrogance so the only way to approach my conversations with them is to mock them because they deserve no less than contempt.
It’s a very useful double-edged sword for them.
They can use it to belittle our achievements while at the same time using it to excuse their own failures. A very comfortable position for them.
Anyway, in amongst the arse-licking (pun intended) tributes to the genius that is wenger (widely available on every medium) not once have I heard the ‘F’ word mentioned!
‘Fiszman’ that is.

As an aside. When's the next tax case due against Rangers MK2?

They lost it. In another of a long line of twists, King the chairman tried to avoid buying up additional shares,that us a legal requirement with the takeover they completed.

In court his defence claimed he was penniless. Judges laughed them out of court. This is the latest on this.

Under-fire Rangers chairman Dave King will finally comply next week with a court ruling ordering him to make an offer to buy the club’s remaining shares.

The South Africa-based businessman lost two hearings in the Court of Session after the Takeover Panel took action following its assertion that he had acted in “concert” with three other stakeholders when he launched his Ibrox boardroom coup in March 2015.

King now has until next Thursday to contact shareholders with an offer to buy up the rest of the remaining two-thirds of the club’s equity at 20 pence per share and Press Association Sport understands plans to distribute the offer document are now in place.

If fully subscribed, King could be faced with a bill for £10.75million. But club officials are not expecting a major take-up, with shares in Rangers International Football Club PLC – which trade on JP Jenkins, a secondary market platform for “unlisted” companies – currently selling at 27.5p pence per share.

When comparing the old guard -- who spent because they "earned it" -- and City ("filthy oil money who bought the league"), I continue to draw the parallel between Amazon and a giant brick-and-mortar retailer, or any disruptive technology company financed by venture capital up against an "old school" traditional business.

Should venture capital be illegal because it upends the hegemony?

Welcome to the new world. Change or die. Shut up and figure out how to compete, or fail.

I like you Fogblue, but please for the love of all that is not evil leave the SV VC douche-speak out of discussions about City. Maybe just me that hates that shit, as I am surrounded daily by people who endlessly prattle about wanting to "disrupt" and "break things." Football is my main escape from that!

I like you Fogblue, but please for the love of all that is not evil leave the SV VC douche-speak out of discussions about City. Maybe just me that hates that shit, as I am surrounded daily by people who endlessly prattle about wanting to "disrupt" and "break things." Football is my main escape from that!

Believe me, I am not the biggest fan of the "d" word either. Note that the word became parlance AFTER a few mega-sized firms figured it out, not before :)

I do, however, think the parallel is apt.

Yes he talks about Bayern's philosophy as he makes more racist comments about our owners. Not really a surprise given the philosophy Bavaria is most famous for. I really think Bayern are an utter disgrace.
All while sucking down the millions of the largest companies in Germany, because they have had a virtual monopoly on big monkey deals in Germany, and simply poach the best players of every other team in their League!

Flicking hypocrite!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.