Funny how rivals who used to have all the money, call foul when that changes.

All while sucking down the millions of the largest companies in Germany, because they have had a virtual monopoly on big monkey deals in Germany, and simply poach the best players of every other team in their League!

Flicking hypocrite!
I have had the pleasure of of drinks with plenty of German fans in recent years during City's various trips. I have met fans from Schalke, Monchengladbach, Dortmund, Hamburg, and TSV 1860 Munich. They are all united in their hatred of Bayern who they regard as the most corrupt club in European football.

All while sucking down the millions of the largest companies in Germany, because they have had a virtual monopoly on big monkey deals in Germany, and simply poach the best players of every other team in their League!

Flicking hypocrite!

images

When comparing the old guard -- who spent because they "earned it" -- and City ("filthy oil money who bought the league"), I continue to draw the parallel between Amazon and a giant brick-and-mortar retailer, or any disruptive technology company financed by venture capital up against an "old school" traditional business.

Should venture capital be illegal because it upends the hegemony?

Welcome to the new world. Change or die. Shut up and figure out how to compete, or fail.

Yes, well put.
They can contrive sneaky things with powerful mates though, like FFP to stop the likes of us.

Can someone tell me truthfully if the money we spend these days is only money we earn and have a right to spend? The money from HRH has now stopped and we are completely self financing. I'm sick of hearing how we can only afford to do what we do because of his money. Didn't FFP stop this?

C

I was more lamenting we didn’t have enough to compete. That’s the way it is. Not their fault they have more resources than us. I don’t grudge any team getting cash in. Well, maybe one.

The main point I was making was up here is the guys who are all continually referencing the gap never gave it second thought when their team was screwing Hector sideways.

I can understand where you're coming from in a rivalry point of view, but i think it's a short sighted view in the overall scheme of things.

With Celtic likely to hog all the CL money & advantages for the foreseeable future, it's also likely you'll clean up title after title, with your league becoming little more than a procession year on year, and it ultimately becoming meaningless.

Then you'll end up in a sorta catch 22 situation. Nobody will wanna invest the sorta money in Rangers (or another team) to get them on par with Celtic, as there will be little chance of any return.
So they'll also be very little interest from elsewhere (from the likes of viewers from other countries, advertisers or investors etc)in the league. In the long run this will become detrimental to Celtic as finance is more likely to be directed to other leagues within Europe, making it more difficult for you to complete in European competition.

In my view, due to how it is in Scotland, the fates & prospects of both Celtic & Rangers (and the league in general) are closely intertwined. A strong Rangers = a strong Celtic which should also increase the finances of both clubs & their European prospects.
You only need to look at the EPL. I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of the TV revenue/ sponsorship etc being what it is currently, without the rise of Chelsea and then us. I just can't see it if it was still just the annual 2 horse race between the rags & gooners.

So whilst it might be good for you personally that you can willy-wave at Rangers fans over the coming years with things like 20+ consecutive titles etc, it could also be the thing that rots your club from the inside out, with you becoming something with the stature akin to a club in the Ryman league.

I remember being outside the ground after the Blackburn game 2011/12 season (City 3-0).
A frustrated Blackburn fan marched towards a Blue with his hand held out, sarcastically and quite aggressively saying "congratulations mate, congratulations you've bought the league".
Hypocrit!

Can someone tell me truthfully if the money we spend these days is only money we earn and have a right to spend? The money from HRH has now stopped and we are completely self financing. I'm sick of hearing how we can only afford to do what we do because of his money. Didn't FFP stop this?

We are still operating under ffp rules, therefore we are only allowed very limited investment from outside football related income, which we don't ever appear to need, as our books are ok & we are one of the biggest earners in europe.

Once people understand that (and it seems millions still don't, including many professional 'journalists' they then try to claim that our income is inflated by 'dodgy' sponsorship deals which are over market value, due to being from Abu Dhabi companies, which isn't true either. If anything, most of our sponsorship deals are way below market value & need renegotiation & a lot of our money comes from outside Abu Dhabi.

So, it's only going to get worse for these whining fucks as time goes on, because City are actually better at attracting money, than playing football, and we're pretty fucking good at playing football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.