Cashpoints/Cashcards

I went on a course for a week with work. We all went out on the last night and went in a few (lot of) pubs. Got to the bar and they has "Cash Only" signs. Not one person had any cash on them, we had all been buying rounds with cards. We left.

It might happen sooner than you think. Can't remember the last time I had cash in my pocket and my wallet is only credit card sized so doesn't even fit!!

Paypal card machines are £35 to buy, no rental charge and take 2.75% at most on transactions.
Is that right?
Very cheap that, and filching 2.75% would make them attractive to a retailer, although I've never used one,
as it goes against the grain to pay to access your own cash.

Went to Iceland (yes the country) a few years ago and never seen the currency they use the whole 2 weeks was there as absolutely everything was done with card. Not exaggerating. So I believe society could get by without it, however I hope not.

Went to Iceland (yes the country) a few years ago and never seen the currency they use the whole 2 weeks was there as absolutely everything was done with card. Not exaggerating. So I believe society could get by without it, however I hope not.
How did they do that mate, surely your bank would have to convert your purchases to Krona,
and you'd be charged for each purchase for the currency conversion, did that happen?

What will beggars do when there is no cash? I never carry cash (unless getting the bus into Tampa and I have to get $10 cash back at the supermarket in advance and then ask for 2 x $5 notes for the bus) and each time I am asked for money on the street I simply state i do not have any cash.

What will beggars do when there is no cash? I never carry cash (unless getting the bus into Tampa and I have to get $10 cash back at the supermarket in advance and then ask for 2 x $5 notes for the bus) and each time I am asked for money on the street I simply state i do not have any cash.
Yeah, the local paraffin lamps are going to have to invest in portable card readers.

Yeah, the local paraffin lamps are going to have to invest in portable card readers.
Yes! Ha ha
Funny thing the other week at the supermarket..... Outside the local girl guides were selling Girl Guide Cookies (stick with the story.... No Gary Glitter comments please!) and one of them asked if wanted any (the chocolate mint ones are really good!) and i replied I didnt have any cash. Four guides immediately (and at the same time) proudly declared they had a card machine and the rather attractive "mom" supervising the cookie stall handed it to me and two boxes of chocolate mint cookies were purchased!

How did they do that mate, surely your bank would have to convert your purchases to Krona,
and you'd be charged for each purchase for the currency conversion, did that happen?
Assume so can't remember, but what I meant was I never actually seen or held the local cash, in fact some places only accepted card. Was wondering how we were gonna pay for a last minute decision tour to see some caves in the middle of a glacier miles from anywhere and the guy pulled out a card reader and wouldn't accept cash from other people there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.