City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who post on bluemoon week in week out telling anyone daft enough to take notice of how City must move the young fans from the North stand and the build a Dortmund type end they need to look at the ticket site. Every stand has tickets available for Swansea, fact is City do not need to extend the Etihad spend money on the team for the next 4 years would make more sence.

If there are tickets still available for what has become an attractive match, that tells me one thing. The price is too high for the demand curve. Basic economics. Bottom line is that a lot of City fans don't have enough money to suddenly pull out £30 plus transport and associated costs. As well as being relatively old, our fan base is relatively poor. And we still don't attract that many plastics/tourists/corporates to take up the slack.

It would not be unfair at all to have a ballot. Current loyalty points don't necessarily reflect loyalty. I've has a season ticket for 42 straight seasons and went to loads of away games - many in godforsaken places like Carlisle, Grimbsy and Southend - but little of my pre-loyalty points loyalty is reflected in my points total; nor is the fact that I have had to sit with the home supporters at several away games this season or paid sixty fucking quid for a seat at West Ham next week.

I've also lived away from MCR area for the last 27 years so home games involve a 360 mile round trip.

Loyalty points have become a virtual closed shop; it's a sick joke now and needs to change.
How is a ballot fair, when the model used by other clubs sees all season ticket holders eligible to apply for all games. When they win the ballot most sell the tickets on at a profit from fellow supporters. How is that fair?
With a ballot system you get two tickets if you win, lets say we get allocated 3K tickets (some are much less), 200 go to the club 200 go to corporate, that leaves 2600, so potentially 1300 winners. The pool of potential in the ballot is 43K SO 1 in 33 chance at a ballot. It might be every other season you get to any away game,IF YOU ARE LUCKY. Is this what you want? I much prefer a stepped process, which relates to having attended previous away fixtures, than that. Be careful what you wish for.

The people who post on bluemoon week in week out telling anyone daft enough to take notice of how City must move the young fans from the North stand and the build a Dortmund type end they need to look at the ticket site. Every stand has tickets available for Swansea, fact is City do not need to extend the Etihad spend money on the team for the next 4 years would make more sence.
Every stand has the odd ticket available that has gone on sale this week as I presume season ticket holders have put seats on resale for whatever reason. The game and the match day tickets have long been sold. If you're looking at the ticket site I suugest you click on the stands showing as available and actually see how manty seats are in them. You could do the same for Huddersfield and Brighton you could count the spare seats on your hands, but over the next two weeks the odd seats will appear.

There should be a limited percentage of the away allocation balloted to season ticket holders who apply for the match with the rest going to points. This could be as little as 200 tickets per game going to a ballot. I’m 16 and I’ve had a season ticket since I was 8 — I’ve got 2,700 points. My dad has around 5,000. The only away I’ve been was Utd 2013 cos I was the mascot. Most always sell out at above 10,000 points... mathematically that’s another 21 years to 10,000.
You need to speak to the club about your missing points. My son is 17 and has had a season ticket about 2 years longer than you and he has nearly 12k points.

id agree to something like that. you are right away games have pretty much become a closed shop. if you are just starting out its near enough impossible to get tickets ( legitimately). people will say swansea away in the cup midweek, but most people can't practically do that and even then you'd have to do it for years to try and catch up. it could be a certain percentage of tickets go to ballot say 25% and then rest on loyal points ....
A ballot is pointless. Do you think City would run it fairly? No chance; just another Trojan Horse for them to be able to sneak in corporates and those who pay. United and Liverpool operate a similar system, yet you see the same faces at their away games. Either they're very lucky or the ballot is bent. I say that as before my dad converted my mum, she was a match-going red in the 1990s. As a young female she was a '"desirable" for United's PR, so ended up getting loads of away tickets through the ballot.

A ballot is pointless. Do you think City would run it fairly? No chance; just another Trojan Horse for them to be able to sneak in corporates and those who pay. United and Liverpool operate a similar system, yet you see the same faces at their away games. Either they're very lucky or the ballot is bent. I say that as before my dad converted my mum, she was a match-going red in the 1990s. As a young female she was a '"desirable" for United's PR, so ended up getting loads of away tickets through the ballot.
You know the rules ;)

They can but it needs special regulations and the trains can't run on 25KV AC overhead wires. It has to be 750V DC (on the Manchester Metro).
A section of the Tyneside Metro Newcastle-South Shields/Sunderland (1500V DC overhead line) is shared with National Rail (Diesel) operation.
That must be pretty new I wrote a paper on some trials they where doing ohhh maybe 2012 something like that, but it doesn't solve the issue that the track to Piccadilly from Ardwick is 25k AC and the government is planning on putting overheads into Victoria from Phillips Park

How is a ballot fair, when the model used by other clubs sees all season ticket holders eligible to apply for all games. When they win the ballot most sell the tickets on at a profit from fellow supporters. How is that fair?
With a ballot system you get two tickets if you win, lets say we get allocated 3K tickets (some are much less), 200 go to the club 200 go to corporate, that leaves 2600, so potentially 1300 winners. The pool of potential in the ballot is 43K SO 1 in 33 chance at a ballot. It might be every other season you get to any away game,IF YOU ARE LUCKY. Is this what you want? I much prefer a stepped process, which relates to having attended previous away fixtures, than that. Be careful what you wish for.

Have you even read what I wrote, how is it fair that the only away league I have been able to attend in with the City fans was Spurs and that was because someone couldn't go due to a late change of plans and kindly thought of me?

Careful what I wish for!

And in a sensible system the numbers in the ballot are not going to be anything like 43k (even for a derby). You design a system where people have to apply every time they want to be considered and you can even, for certain games limit applications to those with a minimum number of points or only have a ballot for a proportion of tickets i.e. not every ballot has to be the same. What is required is the application of some intelligence to the process.

That people like Tolime and I plus a great many others who have shown massive loyalty to this club over many decades can virtually never get tickets for away games is not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.