Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

We’ve been there!

But while the relegations are shit at the time, actually going down and playing in those divisions and taking over grounds all over the country is actually enjoyable. Plus you end up going from a division you’d rather be in but losing most weeks to a division you think you don’t want to be in but winning most weeks and you end up having a good time (obviously as long as you don’t get stuck at that level!).

It’s a chance to strip back and rebuild. New owner, new players, new outlook...

Hopefully that happens with Sunderland!

Yeh I bet those Mackems would fucking love that.

Getting back in the prem, proper ownership, investment in training and youth development to help bring through a generation of well-coached Mackems, benefitting from our scouting network and connections to get better players for better value and some of the best of our youth on loan to hone and get the talent from. I think it's a great deal and we get a 40,000 seater stadium to blood some of our youth in English football, help the Mackems back to the Prem and we both benefit. I'd love to see it and think it's a much better future than the one they're sadly about to experience.

Couple of worrying statistics:

wins this season, the same number of wins as last season.

Average home league attendance this season. That represents a drop of a third from last season’s top-flight average of 41,287 and leaves the 48,707-capacity Stadium of Light less than 60 per cent full on a typical matchday.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...-relegated-numbers-behind-horrendous-14560141

Hope they can bounce back up next season. Trips to Plymouth, Portsmouth, and Accrington to look forward to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.