Sunderland in the Championship 2017/2018

Been a disaster waiting to happen for a couple of years.

Time to re-group, cut cloth accordingly and smash that division.

Genuinely sorry to see them drop again. Hopefully as others have said, it can be a chance to strip the club back. Get rid of the dead wood (yes Mr Rodwell I'm looking at you) and come back stronger. Easy to say now but dropping to the 3rd tier was the best thing that happened to us at that time.

In hindsight. You wouldn't be saying that if we were still there.

Couple of worrying statistics:

wins this season, the same number of wins as last season.

Average home league attendance this season. That represents a drop of a third from last season’s top-flight average of 41,287 and leaves the 48,707-capacity Stadium of Light less than 60 per cent full on a typical matchday.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...-relegated-numbers-behind-horrendous-14560141

Hope they can bounce back up next season. Trips to Plymouth, Portsmouth, and Accrington to look forward to.

That’s a trip and a half for Mackems; over 400 miles each way.

And Plymouth is a fucking shithole too.

Sorry to see Sunderland go down, Wont be easy to get back. Not at all impressed with Coleman. Get rid and start a fresh.

I’m gutted for Sunderland fans particularly Stockport Mackem. They’re brilliant. I am so sad to see them go down again into the third division. Their fantastic support deserve far better than the half hearted dross those players have served up. I never thought going down particularly into the third is a good thing and never will - its better to rebuild without relegation. I hope they get a competent owner who gives a stuff. I’ll never forget how sporting they were after the 2014 League Cup Final. No excuses no blathering on about “the money” just old fashioned decency. They’re like our football brothers. The best.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.