Almeria Coast

mackenzie

Thinking about booking our holiday there. Has anyone on here been recently? Any thoughts much appreciated, thanks.

Thinking about booking our holiday there. Has anyone on here been recently? Any thoughts much appreciated, thanks.

Roquetas de Mar is great. Most tourists seem to be Spanish so the food etc is brill. People are lovely. Weather perfect and a great long beach and a lovely old port at one end.

Not the same coast but near Malaga is Nerja which imo is the best Spanish holiday resort. Similar to roquetas but more picturesque.

Either one is fantastic. Book it, you won’t be disappointed.

Roquetas de Mar is great. Most tourists seem to be Spanish so the food etc is brill. People are lovely. Weather perfect and a great long beach and a lovely old port at one end.

Not the same coast but near Malaga is Nerja which imo is the best Spanish holiday resort. Similar to roquetas but more picturesque.

Thanks very much Kazzy.
It does looks lovely.
Any areas to avoid? We just want a quiet costal holiday.

Thanks very much Kazzy.
It does looks lovely.
Any areas to avoid? We just want a quiet costal holiday.

My choice would probably be nerja then. Purely because it is a prettier town.
Roquetas has quite a few high-ish rise hotels whereas Nerja is a lot more beautiful. Lots of whitewashed Vila’s and apartments etc. It has several smaller beaches (which get busy in peak season)

I don’t really know much about any other areas of Spain as I’ve always gone to these two mostly. (When I go to Spain).

In roquetas there’s a brilliant tapas bar on the main strip. Can’t remember it’s name but you’ll know it as it as ALWAYS packed and you’ll likely have to wait a while.
In nerja there’s a great tapas bar just to the right of the church in the main square.

You can’t beat either. Short flights, cheap food and drink (compared to our prices), lovely people and perfect weather.

Depending what type of holiday you want you should also look at the Mojacar area. Low rise, great bars and restaurants and a lovely pedestrian promenade.Much used by the Spanish . Plenty of live music in the spring and summer. Opposite side of Almería than Roquetas but there are reasonably priced shuttle buses from the airport if you are not hiring a car. I have been going there for 15 years and never tire of the place.

Depending what type of holiday you want you should also look at the Mojacar area. Low rise, great bars and restaurants and a lovely pedestrian promenade.Much used by the Spanish . Plenty of live music in the spring and summer. Opposite side of Almería than Roquetas but there are reasonably priced shuttle buses from the airport if you are not hiring a car. I have been going there for 15 years and never tire of the place.

Went to Mojacar a few years ago, stayed in a house in just off the front on a cul de sac. Every house had beautiful il purple creeping plants and at the top f the street was an outdoor pool. Only for about 6 houses, lovely. On the coach journey in I fell asleep as it'd been an early flight and I cant sleep on planes. Woke up thinking I was still on it as I looked out of the coach window to sheer drops from an incredibly high mountain road. Got a taxi back to airport!!

Would like to go back, wasn't my thing really, but too kid central for me even though I had my little boy with me. Happy days.

I am/we are going back to Roquetas de Mar this year, third year runing after a break of a few years, it is an excellent resort. There are some great traditional bars and restaurants, great beach, the prom is miles long and great to walk. A brilliant Chiringuito (beach bar) that I have forgotten the name of but its the last one in the line. Can't recomend it enough.

Nerja is fantastic, my favourite Spanish resort. Just inland from there is a pueblo blanco called Frigliana which is a stunning village and well worth a visit

My choice would probably be nerja then. Purely because it is a prettier town.
Roquetas has quite a few high-ish rise hotels whereas Nerja is a lot more beautiful. Lots of whitewashed Vila’s and apartments etc. It has several smaller beaches (which get busy in peak season)

I don’t really know much about any other areas of Spain as I’ve always gone to these two mostly. (When I go to Spain).

In roquetas there’s a brilliant tapas bar on the main strip. Can’t remember it’s name but you’ll know it as it as ALWAYS packed and you’ll likely have to wait a while.
In nerja there’s a great tapas bar just to the right of the church in the main square.

You can’t beat either. Short flights, cheap food and drink (compared to our prices), lovely people and perfect weather.

Will check that out as the wife is finally feeling fit enough for a holiday. What are the streets like for walking around in Nerja? Wife needs flat and not to crowded to be able to walk them. Also beach access, loads of steps down or windy hillside access is a no no.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.