Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great player who is becoming used to football in a new country and league, following a difficult injury.

As I’ve said on here before the guy is such an intelligent player. He’s class and not just against poor teams. And he’s not the only one in the team whose game has suffered on the rare occasions we’ve been put under real pressure or subjected to the high press.

You are right... Like Chelsea, Arsenal and Tothenham. Real poor teams. :)

what like Chelsea spuds,arsenal to name afew.those little teams hey.

What is the similarity about all these teams? they try to play football. They do not blitz you with super hard pressing and indeed some serious/dangerous challenges. He has good reason to be wary of that so i doubt @quiet_riot is criticizing him as a fair weather, just stating a fact such as it is. There are as you both note plenty of matches perfectly suited to him, he certainly has a place here. There are also matches where he is best kept as a sub to come and help control and dictate the tempo to a slightly tired oppo.

Better today. I still feel we need 1 more midfielder. But he has played his part.

Making a few on here eat their words with his last couple of performances , Germany my tip for the World Cup and he will be a big part of that , hope he continues at this level you never know his critics might just admit they have got it wrong , but it takes a big man to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.