Rony Lopes

Said last season that'd we'd soon start making similar mistakes to Chelsea(selling players too early). Lopes is the first of what will be many.

Sancho will be the next one.

I think it’s part and parcel now of being a top club.

It’s an arms race at the top with every team worried about being left behind and therefore ready made proven quality will always be primarily desired.

Even Bayern lost Hummels to Dortmund and had to buy him back, Emre Can is another one of their’s.

PSG lost Augustin to RB Leipzig, another really interesting talent.

His talent was obvious. Plenty of us saw it mate.

You've confused me. I didn't say I alone saw Lopes' talent? I'm saying selling him early was poor business. And is the first of many our club will inevitably make with our revolving door youth policy. It's not a critisism either it's just part and parcel of what we're doing.

Sancho will be the next one.

I think it’s part and parcel now of being a top club.

It’s an arms race at the top with every team worried about being left behind and therefore ready made proven quality will always be primarily desired.

Even Bayern lost Hummels to Dortmund and had to buy him back, Emre Can is another one of their’s.

PSG lost Augustin to RB Leipzig, another really interesting talent.

It does not help if you cannot give the young players playing practice. You do not get "class" without experience and match practice. Bayern in 2007/08 had with Demichelis, Lucio and van Buyten established central defenders of the brazilian, argentinian and belgique national team. And they just bought the "biggest" defender talent every big club wanted at that time - Breno. That is why he got loaned out to Dortmund at the start of 2008. He could have returned after the loan - but he would have gone from a starting spot to again being no. 3 or 4. That is why he did not return after the loan.

Emre Can was never wanted back. I guess there is reason. Pep told him that he will not get playtime with him - and when Heynckes was asked lately he somehow sounded the same.

It does not help if you cannot give the young players playing practice. You do not get "class" without experience and match practice. Bayern in 2007/08 had with Demichelis, Lucio and van Buyten established central defenders of the brazilian, argentinian and belgique national team. And they just bought the "biggest" defender talent every big club wanted at that time - Breno. That is why he got loaned out to Dortmund at the start of 2008. He could have returned after the loan - but he would have gone from a starting spot to again being no. 3 or 4. That is why he did not return after the loan.

Emre Can was never wanted back. I guess there is reason. Pep told him that he will not get playtime with him - and when Heynckes was asked lately he somehow sounded the same.

Interesting back story there mate. Thanks for posting.

I agree with your comments and it is pretty much what I was trying to get at.

With there being internationals in pretty much every position at the top teams now and internationals backing them up in the bench, the top clubs can not afford to give the youth a chance as it is a constant race not to be left behind.

I get the feeling some clubs are happy - Barca have been a very good example of this - to sell their young players to mid-table/ Europa league level teams, allowing them to develop, but making sure their is a decent buy-back price in the initial selling contract so they can swoop in if need be a few years later.

Ended up on 17 goals and 12 assists this season. Not to bad for a winger. Would love to have him back. Could play AM, LW and RW

Cant believe he didnt make the final cut for the Portugal squad, I know they won the Euros but the squad was absolutely dross has it improved that much in 2 years?

Strange that he never made the national team. Another brace at the weekend, however. Monaco will be in the CL again next season, so we may see him back.

Pleased for him, remember him playing a couple of games and showing some promise. however how many of the young players who played against Chelsea in the FA Cup three seasons ago have been released and have waning careers? It's always going to happen the odd one developing elsewhere. We let Rabiot go a few years back and he's a regular at PSG but I think if he had stayed even now his game time would be limited. Just seen he's been left out of the France squad with Nzonzi preferred.

Player of the season for Monaco. Nice to see that he`s doing well. Ended up with 17 goals and 12 assists this season. Loved him when he was playing here, and it would be great to see him back here someday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.