Women's CL Semi-final v Lyon

Here's how good Lyon are to put that result into perspective

IMG_1092.jpg

This, imo, will be a cricket score. I'll go:
Lyon 5-0 City
City 0-3 Lyon

Having watched the last couple of matches and how the team have played I was expecting similar, but it didn't transpire. It was a far more gritty performance. I think Lyon can step up a shade on today's performance but the women are to be congratulated for what was a damn good show! Replicate last season's second leg in Lyon and bingo - CL final!

Having watched the last couple of matches and how the team have played I was expecting similar, but it didn't transpire. It was a far more gritty performance. I think Lyon can step up a shade on today's performance but the women are to be congratulated for what was a damn good show! Replicate last season's second leg in Lyon and bingo - CL final!

My thoughts exactly. Be brilliant to see one of our teams in Champions League final

First time watching the ladies
Surprised at how poor we looked in midfield and up front.
Impressed by the goalkeeper,back four and Parris.

Here's how good Lyon are to put that result into perspective

IMG_1092.jpg

I know Lyon are a very good side as I have watched them a few times, but my word, some of the opposition they are playing in France must be absolutely bang average.

I think I heard in commentary that they put 20 past a team this season.

Even our mens first team would struggle to score that against a conference north side I reckon.

First time watching the ladies
Surprised at how poor we looked in midfield and up front.
Impressed by the goalkeeper,back four and Parris.

Who was the player in a central deep midfield role, picking passes up from the back for and spreading the play? She looked impressive too I thought, controlled things really well.

Chelsea lost 1-3 at home to Wolfsburg which makes our result look even better.

Who was the player in a central deep midfield role, picking passes up from the back for and spreading the play? She looked impressive too I thought, controlled things really well.
Was that the tall skinny lass.
Ran about a lot but her passing was bad.

Understandable that Nick Cushing went cautious today and played without a striker. Good though we are Lyon are a cut above.

We have not been playing great , as said earlier, so it would have been madness to " go for it". I thought it was a good gutsy effort from the whole team and a good result. Lyon know we beat them at their place last season so nothing is certain. You never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.