Swansea (H) Post Match Thread

That will be my last visit to the Etihad this season - so good result to finish on. And good to see that we are still learning - this time how to break down the bus parkers. Swansea didn't offer much, so its difficult to know just how good we were today - but there were some lovely moments - the movement for the first two goals, KdB teasing anyone who tried to tackle him - and that goal! I was right behind it absolutely flew in - the goalkeeper watching on the big screen to see if he could have got anywhere near it and shaking his head - the acclaim for KdB and welcome for YaYa, Foden spinning through defenders and planting on Gabby's head (shame it wasn't a goal) - welcoming Mendy back but also thanking Delph for his role this season (just think he could have gone to WBA - bet he's glad he decided to fight for his place at City) - and the luxury of greeting the team as champions and celebrating that throughout the match.- good day out.

This thread is in danger of "superlative overload ". I wont add to it, will just indulge my love of sarcasm.
What if we had a great manager who could handle the premier league? What if PGMOL and the FA stopped being our fairy god-parents and stopped hindering our more deserving rivals. If only we could average over 50k.
If only the club was financially self-supporting. Be great if the players were not all mercenaries. As the first team to "buy" success, ever, it takes the gloss off the recent successes. Just wait until the Sheik tires of his vanity project. Finally, the meeja, so full of ex-city personnel, is very bad for the game, clubs with 'istry and 6o billion fans hardly get mentioned, snot fair at all..........
Anyway, commiserations to the Swans' supporters, we've been in their shoes and it aint nice. Even if the worst happens I reckon the manager should stay. Oh, and btw, today was a poor match (too one-sided) but an exhibition of total football that J Cruyff would be purring over....."It's only just begun " playing in the background

Fantastic atmosphere.
Fantastic performance.
Fantastic goals.
Fantastic result.
Fantastic day (no, I’m not Carlton!)

What a brilliant fucking time to be a Blue. It has been a wonderful season and after the events of last weekend, I was really looking forward to this game. I wasn’t disappointed . The whole day was magnificent, it was the first time that I, and almost certainly everyone else at Etihad today, had the chance to celebrate a title win at the stadium during the same season as we’d won it.

I thought Pep got his substitutions spot on today; it was great to be able to celebrate Yaya's City career for what seemed like the last time. Phil deserves his chance to prove to Pep that he is good enough for the manager's long-term plans and it was great to see Mendy continuing his rehabilitation, though he did look very rusty in some of what he did. That’s not to say that he was great in some situations as well.

Several contenders for MotM today; KdB, Merlin, Fab, Raheem, but I went for Silky Ilkay. He was magnificent throughout.

Good post that mate.

Really glad to see Mendy back he wasnt as badly missed. due to fantastic performances of Delph. Funny really as i wouldnt have cared if we had sold him pre season, but now i would love PEP to find a place for him next campaign Must admit i had a lump in my throat when our team came out to a deserved GUARD OF HONOUR little old City hey! And what a magnificent performance with some of the best football ive seen im sure PEPs mentor the late great Yohan Cruyff would have approved

A grand day out.
Foden's 21 min cameo was incredible. By God this lad is going to be some player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.