Leroy Sane PFA Young Player of the Year

It’s strange that no City fans are using the goals argument for Salah over DeBruyne, but there’s plenty using it for Sterling over Sané??

I personally would have voted Sané for Young Player, the level of his performances over the seaaon have been better for me. Sterling’s stats are incredible, but I think Sané is showing the greater potential.
A huge difference being that a lot of Sterling's goals have literally put us in the position we are in as not only Champions but potential record breaking Champions; Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle etc. Whereas Salah's have Liverpool clinging to the top four.

But nobody is looking at just the stats, Sterling has been as good and better than Sané and the others comfortably in every department.

A huge difference being that a lot of Sterling's goals have literally put us in the position we are in as not only Champions but potential record breaking Champions; Huddersfield, Southampton, Newcastle etc. Whereas Salah's have Liverpool clinging to the top four.

But nobody is looking at just the stats, Sterling has been as good and better than Sané and the others comfortably in every department.

Sterling has scored some crucial goals, no doubt about that.

But “comfortably better than Sané in every department”? I don’t know what you’ve been smoking mate, but keep it away from kids ;-)

Sterling has scored some crucial goals, no doubt about that.

But “comfortably better than Sané in every department”? I don’t know what you’ve been smoking mate, but keep it away from kids ;-)
What has he not done as well as him then and/or what has Sané done so much better to the tune of deservedly winning it ahead of Sterling?

Genuine question because I don't see it atm

I think we are just blessed to have the two of them at the minute.

Always loved to watch wingers and these two have added pace, guile and end product which was sadly lacking in Pellers last year at the club.

Great to think there in their early 20s and both have te tools to improve even more.

What has he not done as well as him then?

Sterling’s decision making in the final third since he came back from injury has been fucking appalling. His finishing in the last 2 months has made Dickov look like Messi.

Sané’s link up play with Silva in particular, and DeBruyne, has been top class. I don’t know the stats but I’d bet more of our play is directed down the left when Sané and Sterling are on the pitch.

In build up play, Sterling looks a step below the other 3 for me. His technique, passing and decision making is just not quite on the same level.

Sterling has had a fine season, he’s a top player and I’d have had no complaints if he’d won it. But if I had a vote, I’d have gone for Sané.

I’ve supported Raz since he signed no matter how much shit he has got from city fans as well. However, Sane is the player who when he gets the ball gets me off my seat. He is so exciting to watch. The clattering of seats when he runs up the wing can be heard very clearly. It was a fantastic performance today and yet a little bit of me missed Sane. Sterling has been brilliant as well but Sane is a very special talent indeed. Well done Leroy!
I agree, but the reasons given for Salah over KDB are the stats (goals etc.), the reasons for Sane over Sterling? well they clearly are not the stats.

Sterling’s decision making in the final third since he came back from injury has been fucking appalling. His finishing in the last 2 months has made Dickov look like Messi.

Sané’s link up play with Silva in particular, and DeBruyne, has been top class. I don’t know the stats but I’d bet more of our play is directed down the left when Sané and Sterling are on the pitch.

In build up play, Sterling looks a step below the other 3 for me. His technique, passing and decision making is just not quite on the same level.

Sterling has had a fine season, he’s a top player and I’d have had no complaints if he’d won it. But if I had a vote, I’d have gone for Sané.
Well that is where I would most certainly have to disagree. Sané is very much a "get it to him in the final third" player whereas Sterling's movement, dropping off to receive the ball, link up play is much better. It's why he's tasked with doing it moreso and Sané is the one who sticks to the touchline, each role plays to their strengths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.