Swansea (H) Post Match Thread

Fantastic atmosphere.
Fantastic performance.
Fantastic goals.
Fantastic result.
Fantastic day (no, I’m not Carlton!)

What a brilliant fucking time to be a Blue. It has been a wonderful season and after the events of last weekend, I was really looking forward to this game. I wasn’t disappointed . The whole day was magnificent, it was the first time that I, and almost certainly everyone else at Etihad today, had the chance to celebrate a title win at the stadium during the same season as we’d won it.

I thought Pep got his substitutions spot on today; it was great to be able to celebrate Yaya's City career for what seemed like the last time. Phil deserves his chance to prove to Pep that he is good enough for the manager's long-term plans and it was great to see Mendy continuing his rehabilitation, though he did look very rusty in some of what he did. That’s not to say that he was great in some situations as well.

Several contenders for MotM today; KdB, Merlin, Fab, Raheem, but I went for Silky Ilkay. He was magnificent throughout.
Heard it said round about me 30secs after coming on Mendy has lost a yard of pace 2min later after a cross hit the first man,someone voiced the opinion that it looks like we have Navas back,some folk are getting a wee bit entitled YCNMIU.

Who was the number 42 that came on?
He looked quite like Yaya but this one had pace, energy and a great touch. It got me confused!

Just got in after going out for a meal and a few drinks after the game. What a day, what a performance, absolutely magnificent. I never ever thought I would see Manchester City perform like this in my lifetime. The movement, the passing, the possession, the finishing , all superb and for much of the game we played within ourselves. Ya Ya....came on and just made it all look so easy and what an assist for the Jesus goal. An absolute legend. I even decided to go onto the pitch at the end, why not? You only live once and I am going to absolutely milk every second I have left with this wonderful club.

It’s not just the passing. It was passing with purpose. We passed Wigan to death all match long and got nothing out of it. Yesterday, the possession was always looking for the killer pass forward that slices a defence open. It happened. Five times. I don’t think there’s a defence in the world that could have stopped that first goal.
This astonishing team...

Another wonderful performance and no matter how our opponents set up you’ve still got to put it in the onion bag!
That we did and it’s down to a complete team performance.
Many great contributions today but, for me, the absolute brilliance of David Silva is the key to our success!
From up in SS3 my pal said to me today “how long can he go on doing this?”
I told him to just watch Silva for 5 minutes or so, don’t watch the ball!, just watch what Silva does.
He walks, stops, stands still, he watches and ghosts into space, he encourages a pass while seeing the scenario and knowing the probable outcome!
He doesn’t charge around and run into blind alleys!
He’s an initiator! He’s the conduit that enables!
His game rarely relies on pace!
He’s Mark Selby thinking 6 shots ahead! It’s like playing poker when you know he’s ‘got you’ and you’ve gone all in!

My mate says “yeah, doesn’t do that much does he” ......yeah, right!!!!
If David makes the decision to call it a day with us when his contracts up to spend more time with his young family then we will have been privileged to have seen, imho, the greatest footballer to ever wear the Sky Blue shirt and who could blame him?
He is capable of playing at this level for many more years and I beleive he is the key to our success and I bow down and worship the skills of ‘El Mago’, Merlin, our David Silva!
...... rest of ‘em weren’t bad today either :-)
Post of the thread.

The performance yesterday was breathtaking, and amazing to think no Ota Walker Sergio Sane Fern. Fans were great too, why not like this every home match? I also thought 3 perfect substitutions, the old and the new with Yaya and Phil, and then the return of the Shark. Great day, so much beautiful football this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.