Leroy Sane PFA Young Player of the Year

Cannot get my head around Kane being nominated given the length of time he has been around. And how the hell did Rashford get in the list - he's hardly played.

It’s strange that no City fans are using the goals argument for Salah over DeBruyne, but there’s plenty using it for Sterling over Sané??

I personally would have voted Sané for Young Player, the level of his performances over the seaaon have been better for me. Sterling’s stats are incredible, but I think Sané is showing the greater potential.

Came in to male this point but you beat me to it. Sterling has had a fantastic season. Scored lots of goals, lots of them important. Against the backdrop of a fan base that largely hates him for reasons we won’t get into and the signing of Bernardo. I don’t think many predicted him to be where he is today and it’s great testament to him. Plus as mentioned the fact he’s been around forever counts against him when it comes to “young” awards - people like the new and fresh.

Sané though, while not as consistent as Sterling, has reached considerably higher highs this year. Occasionally turns in best-forward-player-in-the world-not-named-Messi performances, and is just an incredibly complete player already. Passing, movement (tho not as good as Sterling), finishing, chance creation etc are already right up there. Not forgetting the devastating pace. The plan with him in the side this year is to have him touching chalk, but with Mendy I’d imagine you see him drift inside a lot more next season and add more goals to his name.

He deserves the award.

Came in to male this point but you beat me to it. Sterling has had a fantastic season. Scored lots of goals, lots of them important. Against the backdrop of a fan base that largely hates him for reasons we won’t get into and the signing of Bernardo. I don’t think many predicted him to be where he is today and it’s great testament to him. Plus as mentioned the fact he’s been around forever counts against him when it comes to “young” awards - people like the new and fresh.

Sané though, while not as consistent as Sterling, has reached considerably higher highs this year. Occasionally turns in best-forward-player-in-the world-not-named-Messi performances, and is just an incredibly complete player already. Passing, movement (tho not as good as Sterling), finishing, chance creation etc are already right up there. Not forgetting the devastating pace. The plan with him in the side this year is to have him touching chalk, but with Mendy I’d imagine you see him drift inside a lot more next season and add more goals to his name.

He deserves the award.
Which fan base largely hates him?

His age (perceived or actual) may have counted against him, but in terms of impact and influence (especially given it was his first season) then Ederson should have been the winner of the YPoTY.

For me, the Sané/Sterling debate is a sideshow. Eddy has been the fulcrum of our success this term; in his first season in this country. For me, it isn't a matter of debate.

Putting sterling aside, Leroy is a fabulous player and I'm sure he'll win the senior award soon enough...

I'm kidding of course he won't. Rashford and Alexander Arnold for the next 10 years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.