Jadon Sancho

Sancho is already doing it now & is an example to other kids, that they might be better giving us a miss & going straight to a club which wants to develop them into their first team.
Sancho has played 180 minutes more all season.

I dare say he may well have played less by the end of it and you also have to remember Foden was out for a few months.

I dare say he may well have played less by the end of it and you also have to remember Foden was out for a few months.

True, but it still stands.

It's not Pep's fault, he has started bringing through Foden & Diaz & they are only young still. If it had been the same for the past 8 years, Sancho would probably still be here, at least for a short while, to find out.

But Sancho has moved because he isn't confident of coming through at City & Dortmund convinced him he would be better off there. It looks like he decided not to put his faith in Pep's record & instead went off City's.

Other kids of his level, need persuading that City is the right place to come & to stay, otherwise they will just use our facilities then fuck off, or not sign in the first place.

The next stage of development for Foden & Diaz, & maybe a few others, will have a big bearing on that imo, especially Foden, due to his high profile as an English U17 World Cup star.

I can't think of a single current Real Madrid player that has come through their youth ranks into the first team without a loan to boost their experience, and Bayern only have Thomas Muller.

Last edited:

Sancho was out for two months and compared to Foden he was actually playing a lot as he had played 283 out of the last 355 minutes in the Bundesliga before his injury. If it wasn't for that I guess he'd be having at least twice as many minutes as he has now.

That's Liverpool level of delusion mate, I'm sorry to say.

It's great for kids from Africa who are not quite good enough to play in top leagues & can use City to get them in at clubs around europe, it's absolutely useless for kids like Sancho, who are aiming to be elite footballers.

They want to play for City, in the Premier League. They sign for CITY. How many of the loan players have so far come back to play for City ?

Pat Roberts still, will be hoping to play for City, even now. If he doesn't get the chance, he won't be bitter, as he got to play for Celtic, but he will know that he could have just missed us out, as Sancho knows, hence he did so & signed for Dortmund.

We saw a glimpse of Foden's ability yesterday, & it's quite obvious he could be playing regular football at a decent level. Hopefully he will get more opportunites, but there is no guarantee that his appearences next season, won't be limited to a few League Cup games, even under Pep. If Pellegrini was still here, he'd be lucky to get that & that is the reputation City have built; as one of the last places on earth, a kid will get games.

Sancho is already doing it now & is an example to other kids, that they might be better giving us a miss & going straight to a club which wants to develop them into their first team.

What Pep does with Foden & Diaz, will probably decide how many more Sanchos come to City & stay, or leave City in the near future, or don't sign in the first place.

Foden & Diaz as well as a few others, are our opportunity to redeem our reputation.

Well said

Sancho was out for two months and compared to Foden he was actually playing a lot as he had played 283 out of the last 355 minutes in the Bundesliga before his injury. If it wasn't for that I guess he'd be having at least twice as many minutes as he has now.
So they’ve both been out a couple of months and Sancho has 180 mins more.

Foden also missed atleast 90 mins to stay and play in a World Cup final.

He’s now the youngest premier league winner and will no doubt catch up on that 180 minutes of playing times.

As I say, I know which situation I’d rather be in.

He’s now the youngest premier league winner and will no doubt catch up on that 180 minutes of playing times.

Yes but as I said I doubt Foden would have played much league games during that period while Sancho was starting games for Dortmund. I'd love to be proven wrong but I doubt Diaz, Foden and Nmecha combined will play more than Sancho in the last league games despite we're having one more game and already securing the title.

Sancho is going to be a regular starter for Dortmund next season. I'd be willing to be Foden gets around the same minutes as he gets this season.

In this country clubs are cowardly when it comes to young players and it's been further emphasised with England winning all the youth trophies in the summer with rarely any breaking through. See Chelsea the worst offending team for this, who have one of the best academies in the world and no youth players come through since John Terry.

Sancho is going to be a regular starter for Dortmund next season. I'd be willing to be Foden gets around the same minutes as he gets this season.

In this country clubs are cowardly when it comes to young players and it's been further emphasised with England winning all the youth trophies in the summer with rarely any breaking through. See Chelsea the worst offending team for this, who have one of the best academies in the world and no youth players come through since John Terry.
I’ll take that bet.

Jadon Sancho is the Bundesliga's player of the week. Don't ask why they celebrate that with a video of someone doing a drawing of you but they do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.