Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
What player is he similar to in world football? Don’t watch him enough to know much about him.
He is quite similar to Gündogan but more defensive minded. He's a DM but passing and ball retention are by far his strongest qualities, he's a good reader of the game so does more intercepting than tackling. He can create from deep, and control the tempo of a game.

Imo he is much better passer than Fernandinho when it comes to forward passes or more risky trough balls.

But I think after Fernandinho I would want a really top notch defensive midfielder that has top class defensive mindset and above that he is a great passer. Wish we could find someone like Busquets. But there arent really any players on the market like him. Weigl looked similar prospect but that was 2-3 years ago and he had not improved much also Dortmund went pretty mediocre compared to the level they have been on before.

Jorginho is not a bad idea, but to me he is closer in style to Gundogan than Fernandinho. But what do we know Pep might be cashing in on Gundogan in the summer and it that case Jorginho imo is a great transfer.

Knowing Pep his best defensive plan is keeping the ball and attack no wonder he isnt looking at first at how players can defend even in defensive positions but more like how they can help attack quicker and keep the ball better. Jorginho certainly fits that criteria but his concentration would have to improve where to be exactly when a counter happens, many times he would have to do all those nasty tactical fouls to stop counters, or last second tackles.

Where he can improve us is imo quicker defend-attack transformation, he really can pick out the runners in tight spaces even from deeper he is better at that than Fernandinho.

First year i would expect Fernandinho still playing a serious part with rotation because that role is exhausting and we would have seen a much better Fernandinho if we could have rotated him more. We really played him and KDB to the maximum with WC coming up thats not really optimal.

Have to agree on the trust in Pep bit, who wouldn't given his record and achievements! I'm sure Jorginho is a good player who'll fit our system and contribute well to the team when selected.

But I do wish we'd sign an absolute superstar occasionally. Lift our profile commercially as well as be a game changer against Liverpool and parked buses.
I am not totally against signing superstars , but the nearest things to superstars signed by premiership clubs in the last few years have been
Di Maria
Falcao
Pogba and Sanchez.

I’ve watched & followed Napoli for a number of years now & my summary on Jorginho is he’s a good player, but so far not tremendous.

He does the small things well and keeps the ball ticking over with normally a good passing range. However, sometimes I feel he is a good product of Sarri & Napoli’s system (which is similar to Pep) rather than a great individual player.

I probably would class Fred as a better alternative simply because Fred seems a bit more dynamic than Jorginho & more likely to do the same job & contribute with goal scoring ability which currently isn’t Jorginho’s forte.

Still would class him as a solid purchase.

He was fantastic last night against Juventus. Everything you could want in an attacking DM.

Sure seems to love the chipped through ball. He’d have Raheem running through on goal quite a bit I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.