Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Funny seeing comments from Blues on Twitter last night. Generally:

"The old farts on Blue Moon will be miserable about the pitch invasion."

Lo and behold, come on here and it's the first topic!

Personally I don't have a problem with it as long as it's not every game. Always found it difficult when Arsenal, Chelsea or the Rags won the league and the sense of entitlement was palpable - it was soulless.

And to be honest, the performance alone yesterday deserved a standing ovation and pitch invasion.
Also, beats smashing up opposition buses. Now that's small time!

If you don't know the answer to the question it says everything

I do know that this forum is hardly representative of the vast majority of match going City fans - that much I do know.

Some of the negativity, conspiracy theories and downright fucking kill joys on here work very hard to take the fun out of everything. They always have a bundle of reasons NOT to do something rather than one good reason to do anything. You can't leave early, the security checks are a joke, the tickets prices are astronomical. The food is total rip off. The ticket
office is the biggest joke since Tommy Cooper, All of the media are out to get us and do us down. The car parking is a nightmare The atmosphere is shit. The club shop is a total rip off. The Champions League is corrupt (which it is to be honest!) SKY are bunch of cnuts, talkShite hates us, The PFA vote is rigged so is the Manager of the Season vote.... I could go on and on and on and on.

FFS enjoy things for what they are. We have the best team and Manager in the history of the club and we are playing football that is from a different planet. But no. Lets find the negative. Lets find them even if they not there - we can pretend they are then we can all come on here and moan like fuck! Give it a fucking rest.

Last edited:
I do know that this forum is hardly representative of the vast majority of match going City fans - that much I do know.

Some of the negativity, conspiracy theories and downright fucking kill joys on here work very hard to take the fun out of everything. They always have a bundle of reasons NOT to do something rather than one good reason to do anything. You can't leave early, the security checks are a joke, the tickets prices are astronomical. The food is total rip off. The ticket
office is the biggest joke since Tommy Cooper, All of the media are out to get us and do us down. The car parking is a nightmare The atmosphere is shit. The club shop is a total rip off. The Champions League is corrupt (which it is to be honest!) SKY are bunch of cnuts, talkShite hates us, The PFA vote is rigged so is the Manager of the Season vote.... I could go on and on and on and on.

FFS enjoy things for what they are. We have the best team and Manager in the history of the club and we are playing football that is from a different planet. But no. Lets find the negative. Lets find them even if they not there - we can pretend they are then we can all come on here and moan like fuck! Give it a fucking rest.

Well said that man

Ha ha true but Blues in particular have always been a morose bunch by nature. Come on you can't have watched and put up with the shit we did without suffering some form of clinical depression lol! But I agree, stop moaning!/Get on the pitch, jump about,shout sing, fucking soak it in, let yourselves go!

That's the same logic of a tradition that has rag fans saying they always promote from their youth players. Show some records/data and I might just accept your statement.
I posted drawings from 1904 on my twitter https://twitter.com/GaryJamesWriter/with_replies about six hours ago and I'll also be posting it on my Facebook about 8.15 tonight: https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/

There have been pitch invasions to mark every Football League/Premier League title in City's history, plus other memorable achievements (Charlton promotion 1985; Bradford 1989 - even the Full members Cup northern final at Maine Road ended with a pitch invasion!).

Personally, I've always supported celebratory pitch invasions as they demonstrate real support and passion for a club. Success matters. I interviewed Allison years ago and he said that Mercer had told him to 'always celebrate your successes as if they were your first or your last because one day they may well be your last'. As fans we must never get complacent. Winning a League matters and at Huddersfield we will get the chance to properly praise our players. We've not lost anything and, if anything, Pep claims he now appreciates our support more. He gets us.

****EDIT - it's 24/4/18 and the anniversary of 1937's League title success. I've posted on twitter pics from that pitch invasion today****

Last edited:
pudge there is seriously no words to how you are behaving. did you moan when we went on the pitch v wigan after a play off semi aswell? it's always been a city thing to pitch invade. I'm sure I read something by Gary James that we was one of the first ever fans to do so back in the day. you need to lighten up pal. I'm sure the players preferred to see that today than the empty seats they saw at 90 min when we smashed stoke 7-2.
I'm not that old! There's evidence of a pitch invasion in 1904 and at other times including 1937 and 1968 (when I was a baby, so I didn't do that one either). In fact the first time I ever went on the pitch after a game was Bradford 1989.

Does anyone else remember the regular end of season pitch invasions around the mid seventies onwards.

Every year the warnings from the club would become more strident and number of police and stewards would increase but we still got on.

Eventually we had to leave the Kippax 5 minutes early sneak back in the North stand and by pass the police that way.

Then fences arrived and the fun had to stop.

thumb-drawn.svg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.