Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
this lad looks like he has the lot, very classy

He certainly was, even went on a few runs directly at the Swansea defence which was great to see. Foden and Diaz will become first team regulars soon as they both have the skill and desire to want to achieve the best.

Both these lads do not look out of place when they have been given the opportnity

I thought the difference yesterday was he'd maybe gotten stronger or more used to the physicality of the senior game.

He tried moments like that run in previous cameos but would get eased off the ball or unable to hold off a defender slightly. Yesterday he looked capable of doing that.

I thought the difference yesterday was he'd maybe gotten stronger or more used to the physicality of the senior game.

He tried moments like that run in previous cameos but would get eased off the ball or unable to hold off a defender slightly. Yesterday he looked capable of doing that.

I agree.

The positive sign is that we are seeing progress from the confidence he is gaining every time he steps on to the pitch.

Those little runs were not evident earlier on in the season which is a huge positive going forward.

One of the most encouraging things yesterday was they way he was asking for the ball, demanding to be involved. To be 17 years and stepping on the pitch with players of that calibre, and to have the confidence and belief in yourself to deliver in that company takes some doing.

This. A fantastic cameo. Jesus should have scored with the header.
It's so good to have another player who can run at a defence and dribble whilst keeping possession - much like Bernardo - as well as pass. it sucks players towards him and rips up the defensive plan leaving chaos in it's wake.

Last edited:
One of the most encouraging things yesterday was they way he was asking for the ball, demanding to be involved. To be 17 years and stepping on the pitch with players of that calibre, and to have the confidence and belief in yourself to deliver in that company takes some doing.

I recon Pep had just told him to go for it, rather than being tactically 'safe' & keeping possession, as he has done previously.

Really impressed the way Yaya sought to get him involved on the ball. Class from the veteran.

Its a difficult situation pending. Phil needs games to become elite but getting them at an elite club are nearly impossible. So few players some through via the one club route without a successful loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.