What punishment should Liverpool get from UEFA

Tonight's Liverpool Echo online.

Can't be arsed posting the full article.

Here's a snippet.

---------------------

Liverpool FC fans have been warned they could be arrested if they let off smoke bombs and flares ahead of the Champions League semi-final against AS Roma.

The club said today that coaches will arrive along Arkles Lane ahead of Tuesday’s game.
Nobody's getting arrested. Not in Scouseland. And the route has been advertised for the benefit of the feral gobshites. What can possibly go wrong ?

It isnt so bad. Being the only person from Manchester I havent had and bitterness directed at me. The odd footy banter but i can give it back. That said i dont know what is said when I aint around, but againthat doesnt bother me - water of a dicks back.

However because I am surrounded by liverpool fans as the majority, i here the stories of their ticketless rampages
Freudian slip?

;-)

They should have to pay for every item they take from the shops and bars in ROMA .
That would make a change
THIEVING TW-TS.
C.T.I.D

To return to the OP, let’s hope it all goes pear-shaped and they get their arses kicked. Secondly, I’m sure it will be a small fine, a warning of future behavior, blah, blah, blah.

But, one thing we all already know, the game should have been abandoned and awarded to as. 3-0 City win. It isn’t the only thing that fans understand, especially when the police standby and allow it to happen right in front of them

No-one was under any illusions that a premeditated, pre advertised, and even egged on by their manager, attack WAS going to take place against our players before the game. Simply because none of the bottles managed to get through the windows, and the bus driver was able to finally get through the gauntlet, should not matter.

What should matter is that their fans attacked the opposition players coach and both Liverpool and UEFA should have been in the business of protecting the players. Liverpool were not, and UEFA will not.

The standard should be that anyone who throws something at the opposition coach/players is arrested, banned for life from UEFA games, and the club loses the game 3-0, and all away supporters are refunded their costs. Then again, they don’t really care about stopping it.

Had this been the Barca coach and Messi been injured (like Bartra was for Dortmund), and Barca lost, it would be on a 24 hr loop on Sky/BT, and UEFA would have stepped in immediately.

As they say, “no blood, no foul!” Ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.