Babies/children

I think there should be a minimum age limit of 7. Before then they don't have the attention span for 90 mins. The bloke behind me brought his 4 or 5 year old for a couple of seasons. After about 25 mins of each half the lad would start demanding they go for some sweets and would be desparate for the match to end. He doesn't come anymore which is probably main because of the cost, but I suspect could also be because his dad turned something which should be an enjoyable experience into an ordeal.
Horses for courses and all that,my lad is 10,he has had a season ticket for six seasons now,next year will be his 7th ! He loves every minute of it and always has done .

I think there should be a minimum age limit of 7. Before then they don't have the attention span for 90 mins. The bloke behind me brought his 4 or 5 year old for a couple of seasons. After about 25 mins of each half the lad would start demanding they go for some sweets and would be desparate for the match to end. He doesn't come anymore which is probably main because of the cost, but I suspect could also be because his dad turned something which should be an enjoyable experience into an ordeal.

Not fair that tbh.

We should make it where you all have to sit in your seats for the full 90 and no going to the bar in that case.

Horses for courses and all that,my lad is 10,he has had a season ticket for six seasons now,next year will be his 7th ! He loves every minute of it and always has done .

Yes, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. But it does annoy me when fans take their kids to matches when clearly they're not ready for it. The bloke behind me seemed to have the attitude "You will enjoy this match". Although it amused me once when we were playing United (the 1-0 with Aguero scoring) and with about 10 mins remaining the lad piped up "Dad, who are we playing?".

Yes, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. But it does annoy me when fans take their kids to matches when clearly they're not ready for it. The bloke behind me seemed to have the attitude "You will enjoy this match". Although it amused me once when we were playing United (the 1-0 with Aguero scoring) and with about 10 mins remaining the lad piped up "Dad, who are we playing?".
well mate,for the first 3 years of my sons season ticket adventure,we were based in the familly stand,we had 1 season in 234 and 2 in block 233,and apart from the adult in charge of the nipper,none of the kids where interested in who we were playing ,i once had a parent txting all during one game dealing with his business while his 2 kids played on their tablets all 3 of them totally oblivious of what was going on in front of them on the pitch.

generalisation, i took my lad when he was 3 or 4 and he loved it. he's now nearly 6 and a cockney city obsessive!

Our family facilities have been voted the best in the Premier League, so children of all ages are always welcome at the Etihad Stadium.

However, please remember that it is an outdoor venue and that a football match can evoke passion and emotion from surrounding supporters that very young children may find upsetting.

Children under 5 are permitted in to the Stadium free of charge, as long as they sit on an adult’s knee. If you would like them to have a seat, you are required to purchase a ticket at the junior rate. Children aged over 5 must have their own seat.

All children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 14 may enter the Stadium but cannot be responsible for another supporter unless they are over 18.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.