Allardyce v Dyche

BigOscar

There has been a lot of talk about how great Dyche has been this year and how out of touch and poor Allardyce has been, but I've really not seen much difference between the two tbh. So I looked up the stats as to how they've actually done and really they are just the same person, except Dyche has great PR while Allardyce has his reputation.

Since match day 14 when Allardyce took over:

Points- Burnley 28, Everton 30
Goals- Burnley 21, Everton 23
Against- Burnley 21, Everton 26
Wins- Burnley 7, Everton 8
Draws- Burnley 7, Everton 6
Losses- Burnley 7, Everton 7

They are as close as you could possibly imagine, yet one is hailed as a potential manager of the season and the other is likely to be fired and is roundly mocked. I get that Burnley are not as big a club as Everton, but considering the shitshow Everton were before then, isn't it odd just how different the perception is? I also get that Dyche is getting a lot of credit for those first 14 games where he Allardyce'd his way to a great start, but since then he's genuinely been no better than Big Sam.

There are 2 Big Sams now aren't there?

So you're disregarding over a third of the season because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Ever considered being a pundit or journalist?

So you're disregarding over a third of the season because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Ever considered being a pundit or journalist?
No, I'm comparing the part where they are both actually managing at the same time. over this period Big Sam has been judged, by pretty much everyone, to have been shit and boring.

I've had fun rubbishing Dyche v Pep, but to be fair to Burnley they've not only done very well against the teams they'd be expected to be around in the table, they have also scored some very good goals this season. They don't score many but when they do there have been some really good ones. Furthermore, I was reminded that they'd lost Heaton, Wood, Defour, Brady etc. this season and the squad players who've come in (Pope, Long, Westwood) have done well to keep them going. They had their bad run but they play better football than Allardyce and have had a great season, they just don't compare to Pep.

They are both decent managers at what they do. Allardyce gets reasonable media coverage I think generally and certainly did when he was at Bolton doing similar a job to the one Dyche is currently doing. it is the fans of some clubs who seem to not be able to put up with Allardyce and when Dyche leaves Burnley he will have to choose his clubs carefully because I am certain he will get the same kind of reaction from fans at lots of clubs that Allardyce has had over the years.

Dyche and his shite team are the lowest scorers at home in the Prem with 15 goals, less than all the sides in the relegation places. They didn't win a game between December and March and are one of the biggest time wasters in the division.

If he wins MOTY it's a travesty. No one wanted Puel to win last season for taking saints to 8th and a cup final.

There has been a lot of talk about how great Dyche has been this year and how out of touch and poor Allardyce has been, but I've really not seen much difference between the two tbh. So I looked up the stats as to how they've actually done and really they are just the same person, except Dyche has great PR while Allardyce has his reputation.

Since match day 14 when Allardyce took over:

Points- Burnley 28, Everton 30
Goals- Burnley 21, Everton 23
Against- Burnley 21, Everton 26
Wins- Burnley 7, Everton 8
Draws- Burnley 7, Everton 6
Losses- Burnley 7, Everton 7

They are as close as you could possibly imagine, yet one is hailed as a potential manager of the season and the other is likely to be fired and is roundly mocked. I get that Burnley are not as big a club as Everton, but considering the shitshow Everton were before then, isn't it odd just how different the perception is? I also get that Dyche is getting a lot of credit for those first 14 games where he Allardyce'd his way to a great start, but since then he's genuinely been no better than Big Sam.

There are 2 Big Sams now aren't there?
Has Bluehammer kidnapped you

They are both decent managers at what they do. Allardyce gets reasonable media coverage I think generally and certainly did when he was at Bolton doing similar a job to the one Dyche is currently doing. it is the fans of some clubs who seem to not be able to put up with Allardyce and when Dyche leaves Burnley he will have to choose his clubs carefully because I am certain he will get the same kind of reaction from fans at lots of clubs that Allardyce has had over the years.
Agreed, I've been comparing this Dyche season to that Bolton season quite a lot and I think Dyche will be in a very similar situation (although I'd actually say Allardyces Bolton had a bit more about them). he's going to spend the next 30 year moaning abut how if he was called Sean Van Dyche he'd get a top 4 job isn't he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.