It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. The only problem I see is LB situation: Mendy+Delph combo is an insufficient cover for the position as both are injury-prone (Zinchenko has turned 21, there's no squad place for him). So either Bravo goes to accomodate Zinchenko, or we're replacing both Zinny and Delph by someone reliable like Bertrand.
Over what period are you claiming them to be injury prone? gen question btw

A one off season is just that. Monaco won the league last year and won’t win it again anytime soon. Leicester won the league and had a one off season and won’t win it again any time soon. We won it this year and are likely to win it next year again thus it’s not a one off....

Ideally we would get Griezmann but it’s unlikey. You sign expierenced players to complement young players. Pep is obviously thinking the same as he has went in hard for Sanchez and Mahrez, both are guess what?? Experienced players...

My main point is that we need to buy an attacking player that will push our youngsters to improve further. Ideally they should be at their level or better. This can be accomplished by experienced players I.e Mahrez and Griezmann or top young players like Mbappé.

So you are arguing that Mahrez is as good if not better than Sane, Sterling, and Jesus. I think it is best to just end the discussion there.

I wouldnt say Mendy per se is injury prone, he has had two bad injuries and misssed a lot of games as a result. His other injuries on the list hasn't seen him miss many games.

As for Fabian, He was having a prolonged spell of fitness this season but prior to that, I would agree.

Baring in mind how good Maffeo has been in Spain, i suspect he will by Walkers understudy next season. Danilo may leave as a result.
At left back I think Delph has earned his spot in the squad as reserve left back/DM. Maybe a young left back/wing back bought but left where he is for the season (e.g. Seggerson @Fulham)
No changes at CH.
Possibly a replacement of reserve GK with Bravo peibably on his way.
Jorjingho to replace Ya Ya and rotate with Fernandinho + also to provide a double pivot in games against Liverpool.
AM - no changes even if Isco is available. Silva will play less games with Foden rotated in more. Jesus and Bernardo can also play here as well as on the right. (Note: Bernardo will be a fecking star next season.)
We need an alternate pace merchant for Sane/Sterling - Diaz may come good but I'm coming round to the idea today that Marhez is the man (I have been persuaded).
Most importantly we need a grade one top of the pile striker. We badly missed Aguero against Liverpool in the CL. Griezeman fits the bill, but looks like he's Barca bound this summer. this could be a problem as Mbappe would be even better as he can play anywhere across the front line and solves the ALT wide pace man problem too. Leon Baily at Bayer Leverkuseen keeps getting linked but for me he isn't lethal enough - we need the best to move forward.
great post,made even greater with that word , peibably :)

Whilst Angelino and Matteo have impressed during their respective loans, I don’t quite understand why everyone is seemingly keen to see Danilo and Zinchenko leave. They have both made a positive contribution to what has been a marvellous season.

From my perspective, they are both better suited to the Champions’ League than Walker and Delph. In my view, Danilo is a better technical player than Walker.

They have been very good. But they take up foreign player spots.

I wouldnt say Mendy per se is injury prone, he has had two bad injuries and misssed a lot of games as a result. His other injuries on the list hasn't seen him miss many games.

As for Fabian, He was having a prolonged spell of fitness this season but prior to that, I would agree.

I think everyone who supports city wants Delph to stay based o the quality of his performances. But other players can come in and do equally as good a job AND stay fit.

The club needs to improve the squad now. Tough calls may need to be made.

I think everyone who supports city wants Delph to stay based o the quality of his performances. But other players can come in and do equally as good a job AND stay fit.

The club needs to improve the squad now. Tough calls may need to be made.

I actually think very few players could do the job delph has done this season. Let’s remember this is his first season in the position, he is at a good age and will improve. His ability on the ball is outstanding and I don’t expect pep to sell a player who is an excellent contrasting option to Mendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.