Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not totally convinced by that. I suspect Roma's defence (or lack of it) may have helped considerably more. There have been plenty of occasions where they have failed to win and currently sit in 3rd place in the league, so they haven't helped them that much this season.

But why do they have such a good record in the big games? Or when they are the underdog? Surely the crowd must play a significant role? They seem to lose more games against lower sides when the crowd aren’t up for it than they do against the likes of us.

I'm sure someone's mentioned it, but after all the yammering by Utd fans for a decade about Liverpool being their "real rivals", how ironic would it be if the next great rivalry at the top of English footy becomes City v Liverpool and the rags are left out in the cold?

We do give credit where it’s due.

However the denial of valid penalty claims and the disallowing of valid goals for City while allowing goals for Liverpool that should have disallowed makes you question whether credit is due in the first place.

Likewise tonight. Excellent finish for the first by Salah but the goal shouldn’t have stood due to the foul in the build up play.
Foul by Van Dijk for the 5th as well and either 3rd or 4th looked offside.

Sure but Roma fans are another example, in fact a better example, of a set of fans that can be the 12th man. But they take it way too far. Not saying we should be like those stabbing bastards though.
I don't want to be like the stabbing bastards or the murdering bastards I'd rather just be us.

But why do they have such a good record in the big games? Or when they are the underdog? Surely the crowd must play a significant role? They seem to lose more games against lower sides when the crowd aren’t up for it than they do against the likes of us.
They've a fucking woeful record away from home in the big games.

Is that why they lose finals then, because they don’t have home advantage?

Stupid question but why can't teams defend against them or managers set them up right?

because the countless injustice s and their 2000 year istree has given them superpowers and every other team on the planet should bow to their greatness.

Aparrently they are on the cusp of greatness and about 2 signings away from challenging us next season, just the thoughts of gerrard on bt

Camel gob pointed out that they are actually sitting in 3rd place and are not even better than united, although prettier to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.