Are mobile phones ruining kids childhoods?

W W

worsleyweb

I strongly believe they are. I only let my 3 have there phones 1 hour a night max. They are going mad at me but I was so sick of the whole family just tearing at screens. When I was my lads age I played out most nights - hide and seek or football or was at the boys brigade.

Anyone else having similar problems with kids on phones?

Missus is never off hers. She told me tonight that FB can even track stuff on your phone even when you log out.

I told her if she deleted it from her phone and actually joined in with conversations then they couldn't.

Didn't go down well.

Yep, I reckon evolution will eventually yield full circle, the human being will have a crooked neck soon and just grunt occasionally whilst transfixed on their mobile devices.Burnley, Stoke and Murkyside are already at it.

I strongly believe they are. I only let my 3 have there phones 1 hour a night max. They are going mad at me but I was so sick of the whole family just tearing at screens. When I was my lads age I played out most nights - hide and seek or football or was at the boys brigade.

He espoused whilst typing 17,339 posts on social media to his imaginary friends ; )

I think so. Not just kids either. I got rid of my Facebook because I noticed it started taking me away from my day to day life. It becomes an addiction. My 4 year old daughter has been transfixed by some of the videos on YouTube and it is scary because she can get very upset when you take it away from her. Again it feels like an addiction so I limit her time on my phone or iPad. Dangerous things.

Anyone else having similar problems with kids on phones?

As a child playing out I saw everything from cars getting damaged by balls through to shoplifting through to perverts preying on us (although the latter can happen online too.) At least you know where they are when they’re on their phones at home.

Mine is company for me when I’m alone but it rarely, if ever, is in my hand when I’m out. Perhaps a quick Facebook check in to let others know where we are and to join us too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.