Windrush

That's not an Anti Semetic post.

Someone never copped a ban for saying he doesn't want his kids playing with Pakistani ones on his front?

Do you think that's racist?
It was, in the context of the discussion that was happening.
As for your question, assuming it's not taken out of context, yes.

How about this one from another thread?

All the conspiracy nuts use the name Rothschilds as a euphemism for Jewish bankers in the context of them controlling the world, which is an antisemitic conspiracy theory.
But they are Jewish and they are/were bankers. There’s even an old black and white film documenting and practically celebrating the fact.
I said on the get Corbyn thread as a Jew I find the labelling of everything aimed at Jews as anti semitic very alarming, eventually the non Jews will start to use terms like “playing the race card” in the way it’s levelled at black people and they may become turned off to real hurtful anti semitism. It reminds me of Sol Campbell thinking he can’t get a job as a manager because he’s black. There’s a great deal of it on here where folk decide what exactly constitutes anti semitism. There are even those who genuinely believe any criticism of Israel is actually veiled anti semitism, maybe the problem lies with those who are too quick to look for what they believe to be anti semitism when sometimes there isn’t any there (a bit like Sol does when he rationalises his lack of employment opportunities in his own head as hidden racism). As a Jew-if I criticise Israel or say something about Jewish bankers, what does that make me?

He's using the 'Hostile environment' phrase, frequently and then going off on the same 'Evil Tory' claptrap that's being used
regularly by idiots desperate to paint the government as racist bastards.
This phrase originated from the Labour party.
Even I hold back from calling Tories racist bastards. "Worse than vermin" yes, there's historic precedent for that.

http://starspost.com/emily-thornber...or-immigrants-as-she-wades-into-windrush-row/

They are idiots then, as fact checking before you hurl insults and accusations around is always recommended.
However, having a warm and welcoming reception for illegal immigrants is not what the country wants,
which is what has been completely ignored in the rush to brand as racist anyone who dares question it.
Johnson was not wrong, May is not wrong, there has been cross party agreement, and various acts of parliament
designed to curb illegal immigration, this latest scandal is just that, a scandal, but it is Home office blundering
and gross inefficiency that has caused this, not some latent desire to kick out black British people on the quiet.
It’s a product of having a ridiculous policy of ‘reducing migration to the tens of thousands’. It is yet another government soundbite that means absolutely nothing but leads yet again, to the politicians syllogism or fallacy. It affects officials, mp’s, ministers and it’s a very dangerous state of mind.

But they are Jewish and they are/were bankers. There’s even an old black and white film documenting and practically celebrating the fact.
I said on the get Corbyn thread as a Jew I find the labelling of everything aimed at Jews as anti semitic very alarming, eventually the non Jews will start to use terms like “playing the race card” in the way it’s levelled at black people and they may become turned off to real hurtful anti semitism. It reminds me of Sol Campbell thinking he can’t get a job as a manager because he’s black. There’s a great deal of it on here where folk decide what exactly constitutes anti semitism. There are even those who genuinely believe any criticism of Israel is actually veiled anti semitism, maybe the problem lies with those who are too quick to look for what they believe to be anti semitism when sometimes there isn’t any there (a bit like Sol does when he rationalises his lack of employment opportunities in his own head as hidden racism). As a Jew-if I criticise Israel or say something about Jewish bankers, what does that make me?
I don't disagree with any of that.
Perhaps I was remiss not explaining the context. The discussion was about the Americans potentially attacking North Korea and the post suggested that they would attack under instruction from the Rothschilds (i.e. Jewish bankers that control the world). I pulled him up on this and he said he meant Israel not Jews in general which was a bit of a pathetic response considering the Rothschilds are not Israeli and have never been a euphemism for Israelis. So I stand with my view that he posts antisemitic comments.

Even I hold back from calling Tories racist bastards. "Worse than vermin" yes, there's historic precedent for that.
Throw the Labour party into the 'Worse than vermin' bucket then, it was them that started the 'Hostile
environment' that has got everyone so outraged.

I don't disagree with any of that.
Perhaps I was remiss not explaining the context. The discussion was about the Americans potentially attacking North Korea and the post suggested that they would attack under instruction from the Rothschilds (i.e. Jewish bankers that control the world). I pulled him up on this and he said he meant Israel not Jews in general which was a bit of a pathetic response considering the Rothschilds are not Israeli and have never been a euphemism for Israelis. So I stand with my view that he posts antisemitic comments.
Ah I didn’t read the earlier posts which gave the context. I’m still not sure that everyone who mentions the Rothschild’s are veiling anti semitism although I am fully aware many people who name check the family are. I probably don’t need to tell you that some of the Rothschild’s are synonymous with modern Israel.
Just to add some context (from wiki).

In 1917 Walter Rothschild, 2nd Baron Rothschild was the addressee of the Balfour Declaration to the Zionist Federation,[44]which committed the British government to the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people.

After the death of James Jacob de Rothschildin 1868, his eldest son Alphonse Rothschildtook over the management of the family bank and was the most active in support for Eretz Israel.[45] The Rothschild family archives show that during the 1870s the family contributed nearly 500,000 francs per year on behalf of Eastern Jewry to the Alliance Israélite Universelle.[46] Baron Edmond James de Rothschild, youngest son of James Jacob de Rothschild, was a patron of the first settlement in Palestine at Rishon-LeZion, and bought from Ottoman landlords parts of the land which now makes up present-day Israel. In 1924, he established the Palestine Jewish Colonisation Association (PICA), which acquired more than 125,000 acres (50,586 ha) of land and set up business ventures.[47] In Tel Aviv, the Rothschild Boulevard is named after him, as are a number of localities throughout Israel which he assisted in founding, including Metulla, Zikhron Ya'akov, Rishon Lezion and Rosh Pina. A park in Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, the Parc Edmond de Rothschild (Edmond de Rothschild Park), is also named after its founder.[48] The Rothschilds also played a significant part in the funding of Israel's governmental infrastructure. James A. de Rothschild financed the Knesset building as a gift to the State of Israel[49] and the Supreme Court of Israel building was donated to Israel by Dorothy de Rothschild.[50] Outside the President's Chamber is displayed the letter Mrs. Rothschild wrote to the then current Prime Minister Shimon Peres expressing her intention to donate a new building for the Supreme Court.[51]

Interviewed by Haaretz in 2010, Baron Benjamin Rothschild, a Swiss-based member of the banking family, said that he supported the Israeli–Palestinian peace process: "I understand that it is a complicated business, mainly because of the fanatics and extremists – and I am talking about both sides. I think you have fanatics in Israel. ... In general I am not in contact with politicians. I spoke once with Netanyahu. I met once with an Israeli finance minister, but the less I mingle with politicians the better I feel."[52] Due to a dispute with the Israeli tax authorities, the baron refuses to visit Israel. But his wife Ariane de Rothschild often visits Israel where she manages the Caesarea Foundation. She says: "It is insulting that the state [Israel] casts doubt on us. If there is a family that does not have to prove its commitment to Israel, it's ours."[53]

It’s a shame we can’t openly discuss the Rothschild’s as it would help educate those who only hear of the ludicrous conspiracies surrounding them. We should be able to also say they are/were a banking dynasty who happen to be Jews without the label of anti semitism being attached to those who say it. If folk chime in with any ignorant comments they should be challenged, put straight or thread banned if they can’t accept the facts.

Throw the Labour party into the 'Worse than vermin' bucket then, it was them that started the 'Hostile
environment' that has got everyone so outraged.
Maybe the phrase (for illegal immigrants) originated under Labour. Labour didn't send round "go home" adverts on vans or extend the hostile environment to include British citizens. Same with benefit sanctions - it's institutional callousness from the Tories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.