Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better players coming through, and we are covered there for ano5er season or two, so let’s FIND a soon-to-be world class DM and develop him. Aleix Garcia looked like he might have had what it took, but I’ve no idea how he is progressing, or even IF he is progressing, in Spain???

Who told you that? That must be really special cases like e.g. with Pepe Reina who wanted to be first goalkeeper again, somebody at the end of his career, some special personal reasons that would be a hardship etc. If you are somebody that can be easily replaced or that would not get much match time there for sure are ways - but not for one of the best players Bayern has that just is not.

That is just not the case here. But, tell me one reason why Thiago should want to go from Bayern to City? He does not get playtime and thinks he can restore his career with Pep is not the case here... Better chances to play? - with Silva, Gündogan, KdB there is even 3 players that fill out similar roles. He wants a future in the EPL? - and that he did not know a year ago when he made a new contract? The weather?

Every new day one of this "so called journalists" seems to throw the dice somewhere in their dark cellar before he throws in a new rumour without any substance. Don Ballon had Thiago and Müller and Alaba (and always Lewandowski) at Real somewhen in the recent weeks... Some of this rumours have substance like e.g. that Vidal might leave Bayern after this season or that Bernat might go. Yes, Lewy probably wants to Real but that does not mean that he will get that transfer especially not as it would cost Real a real fortune.

Thiago to City is just very much down on the scale of transfer probabilities.

Emre Can is available - why don't you go for him. You might get somebody of Dortmund - they seem to get rid of some players...
Just like when you were adamant pep wouldn't leave the mighty bayern for us and he will never sign an extension and he is,you never learn

Just like when you were adamant pep wouldn't leave the mighty bayern for us and he will never sign an extension and he is,you never learn

Hold your horses there Karen. This guy is a gold mine. Anything he swears will never happen comes true.

Try and get him to say Kimmich will never join us, or failing that Coman.

Oh - I am pretty sure that Thiago likes Pep, appreciates what he has done for him and would never talk anything bad. He played a big role for him. What I tried to tell you is that Thiago has grown out of that relationship, that his work for Bayern is extremely appreciated, that they for sure will not sell him and that I might see him going back to Barcelona in distant future - but not following Pep. He signed a new contract 3 years ago and did not care about where Pep goes - after some okay seasons with Pep he had a real great season without - and signed again a new contract until 2021 in April 2017. I do not really understand why anybody here thinks that he might be available or why he should want to got to Manchester City. Pep is not an argument for that. I can understand "home" especially as he has still tight relationships to Barcelona - the club and the city - and with Iniesta and Xavi (soon) gone, there for sure would be a place for him. But as he signed a new contract a year ago he does not even want to do that soon.

Following Pep in 2013 was something different. Pep got him his promotion from second to first team and gave him playing time. With the two coaches that followed his career was stuck. We would not have gotten him that cheap if he did not have a clause that reduced his transfer sum based on not enough playing time. He could have left to somewhere else - but Pep then for him was the secure track. He does not need that anymore.

There is not really a player that was better with Ancelotti than with Pep. Apart from Thiago. He enjoyed the more freedom and less rules he had.

It’s interesting that you suggest that Thiago is off limits - and maybe he is but your comment about Can is also interesting- maybe you sell Thiago and replace him with the younger Can given he’s available on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.